Any Atari Jaguar experts help on a price?

Frosty The Batman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
223 (100%)
I've found an Atari Jaguar for sale for $70. Comes with all the hook ups, a controller and 3 games: Zoop, Cybermorph and Wolfenstein.
The price is solid so there's little room for bargaining.

Is this a decent deal? I don't know so much about the Jaguar. I've looked at some ebay auctions but would like for CAG advice.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on if you want it or not. Does it have the CD attachment on the top? Those are pretty rare. I'd definitely buy it regardless, but I've been looking for one for a while.

It's hard to find, so really it's a personal decision. You may see one at a yard sale next summer for $20 or never see another one again.

I used to have one (yes... I paid full price!) and make sure to test it out. Mine died eventually with the red screen of death.

You want to check to see if each game has the controller inserts. That could be a bargaining point if they dont.

When you buy it, the next games to get are Alien vs Predator and Tempest 2000.

Sounds like a good price and a good package. Zoop is solid, Cybermorph is at least a Jaguar curiosity, and Wolfenstein 3D is just a good game. Price isn't bad either. I paid a little bit more than $100 for a Jag with Alien Vs. Predator and Doom. This package is good.

id agree...i paid up close to $150 for the jag, the jag cd, and like 9 games between the 2 ...and i had the original jag box come with it..but that was off ebay a while back. Id say if you want a jag, then the price is good. and i agree with the others..get AvP and Tempest 2000 if you can (might be a premium on those games so be prepared to pay it)

I absolutley loved the Atari Jaguar. I still have one in my closet. My 1st experience with Atari's Jaguar was Alien vs Predator, followed next by Tempest 2000. After testing out those games at the video games store i HAD to own the Jaguar.

Over time, I have owned almost every Jaguar game that came out, including the Jaguar CD and games.

I would have to say that $70.00 for what youve been looking at might be a good deal, depending on how badly you want it.

Cybermorph was included in the box when you got a Jaguar, so its not rare at all, and is, for its time, and outstanding enjoyable experience.

Zoop is also not rare at all, and came out near the end of the Jaguar's life cycle, not a bad game, but it doesnt showcase what the Jaguar can do in any way shape or manner.

Wlofenstein, well what can i say, its Wolfenstein. it looks good and moves well.

The Jaguar CD had one very unique game called Hilander. I could never finish it. If youre a Cartoon Hilander fan, you might want to check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl1mtfjQbME

Is the Jag Package worth the money, well, id look around and see if you can find a better deal on ebay or something, but if you can't, id say buy it, especially if you plan on getting some of the other Jaguar games in the future like

Alien vs Predator
Iron Soldier
Iron Soldier 2
Tempest 2000
Defender 2000
BreakOut 2000
Missle Command 3D
Attack of the Mutant Penguins (i loved this game)
Atari Karts
Cannon Fodder
Doom
Rayman

and the oddball game
Vid Grid (CD)
Vid Grid Atari Jaguar CD

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-Jaguar-Sy...ZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games?hash=item2eab0e5ce3

There are some real steaming turds on the Atari Jaguar, there are also some Wonderful games as well, whatever you choose to do, I hope this helps.

bread's done
Back