Any Aussies out there?

Poet_JD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Hello all, I'm new to the forums here. I'm posting a small request to the CAG community. I've been listening to the Cagcast for a few episodes now. With CheapyD living in Japan, I figured 'hey, maybe there are some other international CAG's on the forums'? So here I am, with the hope that I might have a shot at getting in touch with someone who can help me out.

Here's my situation:

I'm currently in the planning stages of move out to Australia with my girlfriend. I'm looking to gather as much information as I can, as well as getting in touch with kind folks who could lend me some advice.

It would be fantastic to get in touch with anyone (be it an Australian citizen or well-traveled migrant worker) who could, in some way, provide some insight into emigrating to Australia. I'm a 25-year-old project manager for a small IT consulting firm in NYC. I'm most interested in finding work (preferably in the same industry) and living in Sydney or Melbourne. If possible, I'd like to discuss and understand factors such as economy, quality of life, governmental influence, cost of living, barrier to entry, etc. Most importantly, if there were some way I could find info on opportunities for employment or obtaining a visa (i.e. a website, magazine, or organization I refer to), that would be so helpful. Regardless, if you'd just like to share your experiences, thoughts, regrets, whatever... I'm happy to hear anything you've got to say.

Thanks!

-Jeremy

Hey, Im glad you are taking an intrest in Australia, it's a great country:D, sadly im 13 and live in Brisbane, so I can't provide you with any visa/migration/business information. But its nice to know you yanks like Australia.

bread's done
Back