Any CAG cigar/pipe smokers?

Mr Dude65

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
Looking to start a thread to talk about cigar/pipe smoking. I started smoking a pipe last spring and really enjoy it, but have now also started to get into cigars. Just looking to see what my fellow CAGs smoke/have smoked, what they like or don't like, and stuff like that.

If you don't smoke, please don't come in here waving around surgeon general's warnings, and telling how your aunt died of cancer from smoking. We get it. Smoking isn't all that great for you. Any idiot of legal age is able to read the aforementioned warning on the package.

Also, I feel that I probably shouldn't have to say this, but I'm covering my bases. THE USE OF TOBACCO IS RESTRICTED TO PERSONS ABOVE THE AGE OF 18. IF YOU WERE BORN AFTER TODAY'S DATE IN 1994, IT IS ILLEGAL FOR YOU TO USE TOBACCO.

To start off, my favorite cigar that I've smoked was an Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Fuente. The flavor was amazing, the smoke was thick, and it lasted upwards of two hours. It was a great experience, and though it wasn't cheap ($11) I definitely plan on purchasing more.

What I really want to know is where the hell do you live that you're paying $11 for a Double Chateau?? MSRP on those is like $5 and that's their entry level cigar line. You could buy Don Carlos, Opus, Padron Anniversary, or even Davidoff for that much.

I don't smoke anymore, but I still know a lot about cigars. A few all time favorites in order of rarity were the Davidoff Diademas, Arturo Fuente Platinum Forbidden X, Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature Sungrown, and Padron 1926 Serie 40th Anniversary Maduro. For everyday casuals, AF 858 Natural, Davidoff 2000, Padron 4000 Maduro, and Cabiguan Petites are good.

And for the love of tobacco, stay away from flavored cigars of any kind.

[quote name='dohdough']What I really want to know is where the hell do you live that you're paying $11 for a Double Chateau?? MSRP on those is like $5 and that's their entry level cigar line. You could buy Don Carlos, Opus, Padron Anniversary, or even Davidoff for that much.

I don't smoke anymore, but I still know a lot about cigars. A few all time favorites in order of rarity were the Davidoff Diademas, Arturo Fuente Platinum Forbidden X, Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature Sungrown, and Padron 1926 Serie 40th Anniversary Maduro. For everyday casuals, AF 858 Natural, Davidoff 2000, Padron 4000 Maduro, and Cabiguan Petites are good.

And for the love of tobacco, stay away from flavored cigars of any kind.[/QUOTE]

I live near Madison, WI, and I guess it seemed pretty normal compared to everything I've seen. What you were saying sounds about right for online prices, but everything in-store seems to be near double that.

I've been smoking a pipe for a few years now. I only really smoke it when it's nice out and maybe only 2 or 3 bowls a week so I'm a pretty light weight. I enjoy a lot of the flavored ones, especially cherry, but recently tried a black cut tobacco that wasn't really flavored and really enjoyed that as well.

My sister recently got me into smoking a hookah which is a hell of a lot of fun, especially in a group setting. Delicious watermelon or mint flavored tobacco and you can put a few ice cubes in the water and the smoke is cold. Since I never smoked cigs I can't inhale, but the hookah does not have a harsh smoke and is a pleasure to toke on in a relaxed setting.

Black Stone Cherry

blackstonecherry.jpg

Just put an order into Cigars International for a Top Shelf Glass Top Humi Sampler and a Gurkha grab-bag. $60 total with shipping for 20 cigars and a 50 cap. glass top humidor. Not bad IMO. Hopefully there will be some nice gurkhas in the bag!

bread's done
Back