Any chance for a KOTOR 3 for the 360/PS3

YKRG2013

Banned
Especially with Star Wars TOR looking like a huge hit. Bioware can revive the series after Mass Effect 3. Maybe even make an HD Collection for Star Wars KOTOR 1/2 and add all the stuff that didn't make it into KOTOR 2.

Much as I make fun of them, I'd rather see Obsidian do KotOR 3, anyway. They may have their massive flaws, but they were taking things in a pretty interesting direction with the second game.

Oh, well.

[quote name='nddave']I would love to see a KOTOR 3 or an HD collection also.

But i would love to see Battlefront 3 even more![/QUOTE]

^^ THIS

Seems like a no brainer money maker and for whatever reason (I've heard bits and pieces of it) they can't get it done.

Yup, I would definitely like to see Star Wars Battlefront 3 and Star Wars Republic Commando 2 made before KOTOR 3.

Just because I haven't had the chance to play KOTOR 1 and 2 yet, which hopefully will be given the HD port to consoles.

I'd KILL for another console KOTOR. Same for Battlefront (always wanted one) and a Jade Empire sequel, but considering how I feel about Bioware games these days I probably regret the purchase. [quote name='The Crotch']Much as I make fun of them, I'd rather see Obsidian do KotOR 3, anyway. They may have their massive flaws, but they were taking things in a pretty interesting direction with the second game.

Oh, well.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'd prefer Obsidian handle it if it were to happen. The writing in Alpha Protocol and Fallout: New Vegas was a good enough apology for the most of the shortcomings of both games. Plus I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed the second KOTOR more than the first. As matter of fact I've been tempted to run through them both again all week. I should probably get to it on Sunday.

I'd be all over KOTOR 3 and Republic Commando 2. I played both Battlefront games, but I was never that impressed with them. It's probably because there's almost no plot to the games.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I'd KILL for another console KOTOR. Same for Battlefront (always wanted one) and a Jade Empire sequel, but considering how I feel about Bioware games these days I probably regret the purchase.[/quote]
Bioware games, or Bioware game?

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Agreed. I'd prefer Obsidian handle it if it were to happen. The writing in Alpha Protocol and Fallout: New Vegas was a good enough apology for the most of the shortcomings of both games. Plus I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed the second KOTOR more than the first. As matter of fact I've been tempted to run through them both again all week. I should probably get to it on Sunday.[/QUOTE]
KotOR 2 is the absolute worst kind of sequel: it has so many flaws that it can not live up to the original, but it has enough improvements that the original feels less enjoyable - see also Fallout 2 to Fallout 1, Oblivion to Morrowind, and Starcraft 2 to Brood War.

That said, I just beat KotOR for the ?th time a week or so ago, and I'm slowly working my way through Sith Lords again. If you do go back to them, you should try out the restored content mod for Knights 2.

[quote name='The Crotch']Bioware games, or Bioware game?[/QUOTE]

Games - KOTOR and JE even if the latter would benefit the most from their current formula. I've lost interest in ME since the sequel and I'm not sure how I feel about DA yet, but won't hold my breath on the third game reeling me back in. Never been the MMO type either and since I'm also not a PC gamer, TOR isn't an option for me.

KotOR 2 is the absolute worst kind of sequel: it has so many flaws that it can not live up to the original, but it has enough improvements that the original feels less enjoyable - see also Fallout 2 to Fallout 1, Oblivion to Morrowind, and Starcraft 2 to Brood War.

That said, I just beat KotOR for the ?th time a week or so ago, and I'm slowly working my way through Sith Lords again. If you do go back to them, you should try out the restored content mod for Knights 2.

Pretty much. Terrible story but I loved the game play and atmosphere. I would take you up on mod recommendation if I weren't strictly a console gamer. If not for the Xbox ports I would have never touched them. I really should upgrade this relic and convert soon because there's plenty of old games I'm missing out on that I want to play. (System Shock, Fallout, Deus Ex, Baulder's Gate, etc.)

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Games - KOTOR and JE even if the latter would benefit the most from their current formula. I've lost interest in ME since the sequel and I'm not sure how I feel about DA yet, but won't hold my breath on the third game reeling me back in. Never been the MMO type either and since I'm also not a PC gamer, TOR isn't an option for me.[/quote]
Oh, I thought you liked ME2? I'm still in for its sequel, though I doubt I'll get the next Dragon Age.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Pretty much. Terrible story but I loved the game play and atmosphere. I would take you up on mod recommendation if I weren't strictly a console gamer. If not for the Xbox ports I would have never touched them. I really should upgrade this relic and convert soon because there's plenty of old games I'm missing out on that I want to play. (System Shock, Fallout, Deus Ex, Baulder's Gate, etc.)[/QUOTE]
Oh, my. So very, very much you are indeed missing out on. And really, there's not a whole hell of a lot of upgrading you have to do to play any of those.

[quote name='The Crotch']Oh, I thought you liked ME2? I'm still in for its sequel, though I doubt I'll get the next Dragon Age.[/QUOTE]

If it were a spin off or brand new IP I'm sure I would have enjoyed it as much as everyone else. Unfortunately it managed to confuse, annoy and disappoint me in a lot of different ways. Enough that I'm buying ME3 for closure and not much else. Since Dragon Age is dead set on following the same formula I'm fully prepared to cut my losses and repeat the process. The ride was fun while it lasted.

Oh, my. So very, very much you are indeed missing out on. And really, there's not a whole hell of a lot of upgrading you have to do to play any of those.

Tell me about it. It's my own fault for being a creature of habit, but if the industry continues to put a lid on the games I dig I might have no choice but to quit (again) or evolve.

OP was banned?

ASSUMING CONTROL.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']If it were a spin off or brand new IP I'm sure I would have enjoyed it as much as everyone else. Unfortunately it managed to confuse, annoy and disappoint me in a lot of different ways. Enough that I'm buying ME3 for closure and not much else. Since Dragon Age is dead set on following the same formula I'm fully prepared to cut my losses and repeat the process. The ride was fun while it lasted.[/quote]
Though I keep up a pretty hard embargo on information pertaining to games I'm interested in, the little bit that has managed to slip through to me about ME3 has been mostly promising, like they realize that they've gone just a bit too far lately and are aiming for a "Best of" feel for the third game.

I figure I'll probably just ignore the multiplayer bit, though. fuck y'all.
[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Tell me about it. It's my own fault for being a creature of habit, but if the industry continues to put a lid on the games I dig I might have no choice but to quit (again) or evolve.[/QUOTE]
If "games you dig" are KotOR, ME1, and DAO, then you should definitely go back and check out the PC classics. The Infinity Engine games alone, man!

Confession:
I still haven't beaten Baldur's Gate. Every time I start it, I get interrupted by something. Wanna co-op it?

[quote name='The Crotch']OP was banned?

ASSUMING CONTROL.[/QUOTE]

PREPARE THIS THREAD FOR ASCENSION.

WE KNOW THIS HURTS YOU ORIGINAL POSTER.

Though I keep up a pretty hard embargo on information pertaining to games I'm interested in, the little bit that has managed to slip through to me about ME3 has been mostly promising, like they realize that they've gone just a bit too far lately and are aiming for a "Best of" feel for the third game.

I figure I'll probably just ignore the multiplayer bit, though. fuck y'all.
Agreed. Success is certain with ME3 and for all the effort Bioware puts in their titles I can think of few developers that deserve it more. Just a shame their current direction isn't what I'm looking for in my video games.

The only reason I'm f*cking with multiplayer is achievement points. Only other reason would be if it's a substitute to that terrible mining mechanic. What I won't be doing however is hunting in games with terrible randoms. I'll reserve those strictly for trolling purposes because as far as the fanbase is concerned a shooter fan can't function in a MP setting without dry humping random objects. In that case, I fully aim to please. I won't pick up anyone either and Charge Atlas Mechs with a heavy pistol. I'm so mature.

If "games you dig" are KotOR, ME1, and DAO, then you should definitely go back and check out the PC classics. The Infinity Engine games alone, man!
Yeah. Apparently I'm a slave to archaic RPG elements and storytelling which suits me just fine. I still remember that feeling of euphoria wash over me when I finally figured out how to play Final Fantasy Tactics for the first time in middle school and realized the genre wasn't strictly for pocket protector pushing D&D nerds with a passion for Mathematics. Even impatient idiots like me could grasp the basics and have fun!

I've heard so much about those PC classics I'm starting to feel embarrassed having only delved into their console successors. I really need to crawl out of the stone age and upgrade this computer.

Confession:
I still haven't beaten Baldur's Gate. Every time I start it, I get interrupted by something. Wanna co-op it?
I'm down once I fix this computer up. I've had it since the mid-nineties and it shows. Only thing I've done throughout the years besides obvious OS upgrades is add more ram and buy a new monitor, haha. This thing is a tank with way I abuse it.
Raincheck my man?

DA2 and ME2 were both steps back from their predecessors... if KOTOR3 comes out I'd rather bioware stay away from it, they're ruining great franchises that had so much potential. I don't know if it's EA playing a part in it, but I've regretted nearly every bioware purchase I've made the past few years. and DA2 was the last straw, I'll be waiting for a significant price drop before even considering Mass Effect 3... even though, admittedly, it's looking awesome. I just don't want to fall for another trap and regret the purchase

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']
I'm down once I fix this computer up. I've had it since the mid-nineties and it shows. Only thing I've done throughout the years besides obvious OS upgrades is add more ram and buy a new monitor, haha. This thing is a tank with way I abuse it.
Raincheck my man?[/QUOTE]
Ooh! Ooh! Icewind Dale II CAG party! None of that messing around with second edition rules and THAC0 and shit. If we could round up a stable group of peo-ENEMIESEVERYWHERE IWILLDESTROYYOU ENEMIESEVERYWHERE ENEMIESEVERYWHERE ENEMIESEVERYWHERE GOGOGO

LucasArts/EA doesn't seem too keen on having SW games commercially active at the same time (See SW:Galaxies) so unlikely.

bread's done
Back