Any chance of getting in serious trouble with ebay if I'm not 18?

mrchainsaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I'm only 17 and I was wondering if there's any serious consequences if ebay somehow finds out I'm not 18. I'm looking to make an account with ebay so I can buy some older games.

Holy shit, you need to burn your computer

nah, I'm sure they won't do anything. I'm pretty sure half the people who buy from me are under 13 years old...they type in all caps, have awful grammar, have no common sense, and spell everything wrong.

[quote name='Apossum']Holy shit, you need to burn your computer

nah, I'm sure they won't do anything. I'm pretty sure half the people who buy from me are under 13 years old...they type in all caps, have awful grammar, have no common sense, and spell everything wrong.[/quote] Ok, thanks. I've only used ebay a couple of times on a friend's account and I couldn't remember if I'd get hung up at some point. I'm going to be using money orders probably so I think I'll be fine. Thanks for easing my mind Apossum.

I was on ebay since I was 13. Used it to buy a Dragonball Z game. Wow that thing cost a lot.

You're signing a contract with eBay in reality. Since you are not of legal age to be signing a contract, you can deem it voidable. They can't really do anything to you except close your account.

I been using Ebay since I was like 12-13. Just do it smart and make your account of age and you'll be fine.

officespace_stupididea.jpg

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Federal pound me in the ass prison.[/quote]

When I was about 14 I had an account but set it up in my moms name and details, was selling under it. I had some woman who was dissatisfied with something throw a royal shit fit over a $1 toy, who reported me to ebay as being underage, and my account was frozen.

How the hell she 'proved' me being underage, I have no clue, as like I said, my mom's details were the only ones ever given, and the only reference she could've drawn my age from were me saying that my ride to the post office was unavailable on Saturdays. There are certainly people who are over 18 who still need rides, but that didn't stop them from giving me the boot.

That being said, no serious consequences. Just lost my account. I know plenty of underage people (Including my 9 year old nephew) who have their own ebay account with no problems.

72 feedback on ebay both buying and selling and Im 16. I wouldn't worry about it.

I conduct my business in a professional and mature manner. Unlike 90% of the people I deal with :( I swear to god 90% of the people on ebay have a stuck caps lock key :|

[quote name='mrchainsaw']I'm only 17 and I was wondering if there's any serious consequences if ebay somehow finds out I'm not 18. I'm looking to make an account with ebay so I can buy some older games.[/QUOTE]

No worries go for it.

bread's done
Back