Any chance of letting avatars be larger than 9.8kb?

Yeah, that'd be nice. But it would use more bandwidth and thus cost Cheapy more money.

25KB or so would probably be good, most of my avatars fall under 23KB until I significantly compress it.

500kb?!
What do you want us to have 1400x900 Avatars?

I vote that if my old woman can rock a santa hat, and be under 9.8kb, you foos can make do.

[quote name='InuFaye']500kb?!
What do you want us to have 1400x900 Avatars?

I vote that if my old woman can rock a santa hat, and be under 9.8kb, you foos can make do.[/quote]
Ok fine, 150kb with 150x150 limit :p

i think 9.8k is fine, sometimes you just gotta do some trial and error until you get the right compression.

maybe as an alternative we could have the option to have larger avatars that are hosted elsewhere, like signatures are. that way, everyone wins.

50kb should be more than enough for an avatar.

The 100 x 100 version of my avatar is just over the limit, even with PNG compression :\

I think they're fine as is. 125x125 would be kinda idealistic though.[quote name='shrike4242']Yay, let's make CAG run more slowly than before. :roll:[/quote]

But we need more muscles from Chris in Cali!

You old people just don't understand. :roll:

How come zewone's current avatar is 27.93 KB in size then?

Anyways I think the size limit should increase to about 25KB. Or at least set a bigger file size for avatars that are linked offsite like RAMSTORIA suggested.

bread's done
Back