Any Chance That The Masters of Horror DVDs Will Be Collected In A Boxset?

The true master of horror is the marketing dept. who thought they could release these made-for-TV mini-movies as full-priced movies. The local rental joints (BBL, Hollywood) have a special version for rent that has 2 episodes on each DVD, but there's no bonuses/extras like the single-episode discs have.

If they think they can charge $10-$15 per episode I wonder how much the box set will be, and how pissed all the horrorfans who have been buying these will be.

Tales From The Darkside needs to be released on DVD. Those were some freaky stories, even the intro got me creeped out when I was young (tranquil forest goes to "negative" and the music kicks you in the spine).

they were released on VHS never dvd. I got a friend who put them on dvd for me so I am quite happy. The quality isn't the greatest because he taped them from the tv but still they are quite good to watch.

[quote name='dopehat']they were released on VHS never dvd. I got a friend who put them on dvd for me so I am quite happy. The quality isn't the greatest because he taped them from the tv but still they are quite good to watch.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? The Masters of Horror series has had myriad of releases up until this point. Perhaps you are in a different country or something.

[quote name='RaPtOrsIII']i love it how U.S. thinks works of Takashi Miike are too extreme[/QUOTE]

no shit, if this doesnt make it into the box set i aint buying it

[quote name='Fire']Anybody have any links that confirms said boxset?[/quote]

This is Anchor Bay so of course there will be a boxset. I swear, Anchor Bay is the worst when it comes to milking fans out of money. And I know this sounds weird but I have a growing suspision that Miike's episode is only going to be in the boxset.

I was just wondering this question myself as I just bought a bunch of these titles (and have been really enjoying them so far). ISn't Miike's episode slated for an individual release by the end of the year? I remember reading that somewhere. Oh and perhaps before we speculate, we should have at least some link to site either with a rumor or some details of a set coming out.

[quote name='Fire']What are you talking about? The Masters of Horror series has had myriad of releases up until this point. Perhaps you are in a different country or something.[/QUOTE]

Sorry was talking about Tales from the Darkside.

bread's done
Back