Any chance the PS2 will hit $99 before the year's end?

PawnTakesKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I could jump on the Lego Batman bundle from Amazon for $129, but if the core system is going to drop to $99, I'd rather get that instead and use the extra $30 on other games. Nothing on the Black Friday deals points to a $99 PS2, either. What do you guys think? Should I bite on the Lego Batman bundle?

Some store will probably have PS2s for $99 by the end of the year. I'm sure it will be either Toys R Us or Best Buy.

Why didn't you pick it up at Walmart last Saturday during the pre-Black Friday sale? The PS2 was $130 (console only) with a $30 gift card. You could have turned around and used the gift card on games or accessories.

I waited two years for the PS2 to drop to $100 and I finally got mine last Saturday!!!

I decided just to go ahead and buy the $129 Lego Batman bundle from Amazon. I was planning on getting Lego Batman anyway, so it's like getting the PS2 for $99 along with a free DVD. Not a bad deal, I suppose.

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']I decided just to go ahead and buy the $129 Lego Batman bundle from Amazon. I was planning on getting Lego Batman anyway, so it's like getting the PS2 for $99 along with a free DVD. Not a bad deal, I suppose.[/quote]

Not to be an ass, but if you were going to buy Lego Batman anyway, why even ask the question?

TBW

PS The core PS2 system will not hit $99 this year. Bundles will abound, but the core price won't change too much.

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']Not to be an ass, but if you were going to buy Lego Batman anyway, why even ask the question?

TBW

PS The core PS2 system will not hit $99 this year. Bundles will abound, but the core price won't change too much.[/quote]

$30 for a PS2 game is not cheap ass. $20 use to be the norm, but I think now $15 is fair. Maybe that's why

I think its a year ago now (or more) where the PS2 was $99 at Target, but I think in White or something. So I figured it'd be the new price soon, and waited.

Yeah... oh well. And since backward compatability keeps getting the shaft on new PS3s, not sure if/when I do get on board.

oh well =b

bread's done
Back