Any deals on any nvidia geforce 6800 series video cards

Yeah I've been looking around newegg and clubit and other sites and seems that agp cards are becoming harder and harder to find. When I do find an agp card its either sold out or is ridicously high priced. Seems pretty soon I'm goin to have to switch over to PCI-Express

I just got an EVGA Geforce 7800 GT and it came with a free EVGA Nforce 4 SLI PCI-Express motherboard. My old card was an ATI Radeon 9800XT that I am looking to sell so it will probably end up on Ebay. I was hoping to do a direct switch from my last cpu over to the new board but AMD changed the chipset within the past year so I was force to also buy a new 939 cpu to go with my new MB. So if anyone wants an ATI 9800XT or a AMD64 3200+ w/ an Asus K8V SE Deluxe MB, just send me a PM.

Oh ... didn't know you needed an AGP card. Well if you're thinking of upgrading to PCI-Express the 6800 GS is supposed to be the new sweet spot for Nvidia cards (price/performance). Check the local ads (CC/BB/USSR) they have decent sales on high-end AGP cards from time to time, but they are usually ATI x800 based cards.

[quote name='Owen']I just got an EVGA Geforce 7800 GT and it came with a free EVGA Nforce 4 SLI PCI-Express motherboard..[/QUOTE]

Where did you get this combo?

[quote name='Lice']Where did you get this combo?[/QUOTE]
Newegg a few weeks back. It cycles in and out every so often but only lasts a few hours at a time. Gotta keep an eye out (and hope the mobo stays in stock)

Seriously, yes, 6800GT agp cards are beginning to get rarer. I decided to wait out until EVGA's 6800GT cards dropped in price but they stayed at $300 and sold out.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Newegg a few weeks back. It cycles in and out every so often but only lasts a few hours at a time. Gotta keep an eye out (and hope the mobo stays in stock)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you happen to know what it was going for price wise? Sounds like a good deal even though i didnt know evga made motherboards...

[quote name='Lice']Thanks for the quick reply. Do you happen to know what it was going for price wise? Sounds like a good deal even though i didnt know evga made motherboards...[/QUOTE]

It was around $400 for the card with the free evga mobo.

That being said....

That same card by itself goes for $330 when they are not running their free mobo deal. And the mobo has an msrp of $200 but can be had for around $140. Still, a good deal if you can find the combo. Plus, it isn't limited to NewEgg as it is a deal that EVGA is running.

http://www.evga.com/articles/public.asp?AID=258

[quote name='Mex25']Is it really worth it just to get the eVGA 7800 gt vid card with the free mobo?[/QUOTE]

i was checking it out, and you can get that mobo off ebay for 80. Be it its EBAY.... but its still cheap... but if i was buiulding a comp right now i would take the deal. It comes with the card, mobo and call of duty 2.... sounds pretty good to me...

ended up getting the geforce 7800gt with the free mobo and just noticed that when I register the video card I am eligible to get a free copy of COD2 which is always sweet.

The Mobo is fine but not an OC'er. The reason ebay is flooded with them is that FW'ers bought up the combos and are selling off their boards to help payoff the cards. It was a great deal back then because you got...

COD2
Mobo
Card
$50 rebate

All for $400.

I had it figured that if I sold off the extra stuff, Id have the card for $250 :D Didn't want to drop $250 on a card though.

Back on point, Id suggest you give up AGP altogether *UNLESS* you cannot switch out your mobo (like with a Dell or whatnot) You will save about 1/2 the cost of the new mobo from being able to buy a PCIe card (since AGP is overpriced and rarer deals) and be ready for the future.

Personally, I found my sweetspot with the Connect3d x800 GTO at Monarch. You can unlock the pipes and run it at XT speeds or be bold and take it up to PE speeds. So, depending on your risk aversion, you can have an x800 XT PE for about $150 ($180 if you buy a solid Zalman fan for it) :bouncy:

yeah i switched out the regular geforce 7800gt for a geforce 7800gt CO version where the stock clocks are higher then a regular geforce 7800gt and can actually reach x1800 xt speeds, which is awesome. The mobo i'm just going to get rid of either on a website like hardforum or just ebay it. But I'm goin to keep my other p4 with 6800gt OC version because like before I never know if I'm going to have problems with my new setup.

I have a feeling that the pci express is going to change within the next year or so. Remeber when agp came out, it was 4x....and then a little while later 8x came out. Now pciE is out im sure that a 24x slot will be coming out reletively soon. Why does technology have to progress so fast in the computer market!!! Makes me want to give up on the Pc battle and just shell out for a next gen console for gaming

Newegg used to have refurb AGP Leadtek 6800 LE for around $100. These were usually cards customers had returned because they couldn't unlock the extra pipelines to turn it into a 6800GT. I ended up getting one and was able to unlock it to 12 pipes (6800 level) and with a voltage mod I got it to 16. This was probably the best value graphics card out there, but now they are all gone :(

[quote name='Lice']I have a feeling that the pci express is going to change within the next year or so. Remeber when agp came out, it was 4x....and then a little while later 8x came out. Now pciE is out im sure that a 24x slot will be coming out reletively soon. Why does technology have to progress so fast in the computer market!!! Makes me want to give up on the Pc battle and just shell out for a next gen console for gaming[/QUOTE]

But noones making you upgrade to every new piece of hardware that comes out. In fact its ridiculous unless you either like helping nvidia on their car payments or just absolutely have to have the latest greatest.

When I build a system it usually lasts around 3 years and still runs the current gen games fine but without the added tech ie.. pixel shading etc of 2003/04...

I'm jumping in here too, as I'm actively looking for a XFX 6800 (Mfg# PVT40KND).

I've been looking almost daily at all of the major sites, but can't seem to break $185 + S/H, with some of them going in the $250 range. I know a while back these darn cards were in the $150 w/free ship, but that was before I knew what card it was I wanted.

And before anyone asks, I want the XFX brand because it offers Dual-DVI (not DVI with VGA). Also, I want the 6800 because you can unlock it very easily from 12 pipes to 16 pipes, instantly making this a much more powerful card.

If anyone happens to come across a deal on this card, please post and let us know.

bread's done
Back