Any deals on Dell LCD Monitors

Mex25

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I know I missed out on the previous deal to buy a 2005FPW Monitor for only $385 (I'm such an idiot to pass that up) but I was wondering if there are any other deals for the Dell 2005FPW lcd monitor

This monitor is now available for $397, shipped (credit goes to Gotapex.com):

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4111

Use coupon codes : S0BDZ6HBTFDPSL
C621VV5TS$75M9 (this is a $90 off $750 code)

For those who are not familiar with this monitor, a quick rundown of the specs:
- 20" widescreen LCD monitor
- 600:1 contrast ratio
- 16ms response time
- video inputs: DVI, S-video, VGA and composite jacks
- max resolution 1680x1050 (for widescreen display)

Firing Squad's recent LCD roundup gave gamers a good idea of what to look for/expect in LCD monitors, and while the Dell 1703FP performed well for non-gaming applications (but poorly for first person shooters,) that was a 25ms response-time monitor, which was the slowest of all the monitors they compared. Coincidentally, the monitor with the fastest response time was the one they recommended for gamers (the NEC1770NX,) with a 12ms response time. Hmm..hopefully 16ms won't consign me to muddy graphics.

Dell's 1905P is also available for $252, shipped. That's only a 19" LCD (not widescreen) monitor with 20ms response & 800:1 contrast...probably not too tempting for gamers, but not too shabby for other users.

[edit: it should also be mentioned that Dell's policy regarding dead pixels seems to be fairly good. They indicate that 2 dead pixels (or just 1) are considered acceptable and it seems doubtful that they would provide a return for that. The customer forums on their website show more positive than negative posts, in this regard. While I consider it a good site otherwise, Newegg considers 8 dead pixels or less to be acceptable for LCD monitors. Of course, if you consider a single dead pixel to be out of the question, then ordering from a web site might not be the best approach.

I've watched this 20" monitor bounce from $530 to $480, and now to $400. I'd focused more on NEC LCD's with lower refresh rates, but this price is just too tempting for me. I'm only human, dammit. :)

...hmm..I misread this thing when I first saw it. I thought it began this Monday morning. Careless of me. The way they have the deal posted makes it tricky to read, as well. The Gotapex poster recommended a camera carrying bag ($10) to bump up the price above $750 so that the second coupon works. I would recommend this audio cassette - headphone jack converter/adapter for mp3 players, instead. I might actually use that puppy, assuming that it works with my SanDisk mp3 player. The description first makes it sound like it is compatible with any portable mp3/cd/cassette player with a headphone jack, but then it claims that it's somehow specially designed to work with the Dell DJ player. Go figure.]

[quote name='Mex25']I know I missed out on the previous deal to buy a 2005FPW Monitor for only $385 (I'm such an idiot to pass that up) but I was wondering if there are any other deals for the Dell 2005FPW lcd monitor[/QUOTE]

You might be an idiot, but Dell forgives you.

Taken from Slickdeals....

2005FPW: $749 + $1 padding - 35% off S0BDZ6HBTFDPSL - $90 C621VV5TS$75M9 = $397

1905FP: $479 + $21 padding - 35% off S0BDZ6HBTFDPSL - $60 57MG5$JXHC?N4H = $265

I think im gonna finally dump my monitor for the 1905. Deal lasts until 5/18 at 6 am CDT.

since I originally misreported the offer as starting this Monday, I thought it might be worth it to bump this thread once. In case any of you guys are interested in these monitors, these seem to be decent prices.

[edit: monitor & cassette adapter came out to $432.31 after taxes, for me. The Man gouged me! Aaaarrgh...]

That Dell 2005 for $397 is a steal. I bought a 2001 a few months back for around $550--I was considering the widescreen but I wasn't sure I wanted an odd standard screen resolution. I know most new games now support widescreen, but I guess it all depends on what you like.

I'm happy with the 2001 and both that and the 2005 have received good reviews. I would go for it. Also, I've never had any dead pixel issues with Dell monitors. I've owned two, the first being a small 15".

It's amazing how cheap LCD's are right now.

[quote name='davidmt']That Dell 2005 for $397 is a steal. I bought a 2001 a few months back for around $550--I was considering the widescreen but I wasn't sure I wanted an odd standard screen resolution. I know most new games now support widescreen, but I guess it all depends on what you like.

I'm happy with the 2001 and both that and the 2005 have received good reviews. I would go for it. Also, I've never had any dead pixel issues with Dell monitors. I've owned two, the first being a small 15".

It's amazing how cheap LCD's are right now.[/QUOTE]

I have it but haven't started using it regularly yet. I'll skip this sale but next time there's a deep discount I'm going to buy a second 2005 for two widescreens.

But regarding the odd resolution, according to an anandtech article the 2005 and the 2001 have an unscaling feature. It's supposed to be sweet but I haven't tried it yet. They say most games support 1600x900. Supposedly it'll display this resolution without defect and jut put black bars above and bottom through unscaling.

i wish i had the money to drop for this right now i'd be perfect (i'm holding out on a 27" LCD display model at wal mart that as soon as it hits 400 i'm on it..they aren't really popular in my area) bump for a great price.

I assume since this had DVI and component inputs it could handle an HD signal from my Xbox? Is that right? What if I hooked my cable box to it? Would that work for HD?

I know it doesn't *say* it's HD ready but the resolution is certainly high enough...

[quote name='kev']I assume since this had DVI and component inputs it could handle an HD signal from my Xbox? Is that right? What if I hooked my cable box to it? Would that work for HD?

I know it doesn't *say* it's HD ready but the resolution is certainly high enough...[/QUOTE]

My 5 year old Sony CRT is running my xbox in HD right now. Its connecting everything up thats the issue.

Ive never seen a DVI cable with an Xbox end nor VGA. What I use is a vdigi box, hook the HD pack to one end, the vga to the other, all is golden.

And honestly, I think it looks BETTER than on the LCD. Dafoomie can explain why if you really want to know but to me CRT runs a better (and cheaper :)) HDef than most LCDs out there IMO

I know CRT is better/cheaper but I don't have the room for one unless I go with 4:3 or a only a 20in wide. I have learned that just assuming since it has component it can handle HD is not wise :) My friend bought a 20in LCD HDTV that can't accept the components from the Xbox (because, apparently there are two types of component... who knew?) so I'm going to be *really* careful before I buy mine.

I can live without full HD until November but once I get the 360... well, then I must have it. Until then I will continue to use my projector as my only HD outlet.

[quote name='kev']I know CRT is better/cheaper but I don't have the room for one unless I go with 4:3 or a only a 20in wide. I have learned that just assuming since it has component it can handle HD is not wise :) My friend bought a 20in LCD HDTV that can't accept the components from the Xbox (because, apparently there are two types of component... who knew?) so I'm going to be *really* careful before I buy mine.

I can live without full HD until November but once I get the 360... well, then I must have it. Until then I will continue to use my projector as my only HD outlet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Im lucky as I have a convertor I dont have to worry about it. If it doesnt plug up, I go via VGA. Sadly I dont have access to one of these to test out the Component. Hmm.

*Edit* And is that composite OUT or IN? Huge difference. I cant imagine theyd support VGA,DVI and Comp. IN but maybe so.

*Edit 2* Yet one more thing, could the 360 even output high enough to reach the native resolution of these bad boys? IIRC LCDs run like crap at anything but the NR so if the 360 cant output high enough, itll be crap.

The 2005FPW is awesome! I have had mine since the end of December. Paid about $450 for it and I thought that was a great deal at the time. Have not run into any problems with it at all.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']So tempted to get this, don't know if I should buy it. Damn you expensive summer classes.[/QUOTE]

Dont freak out, these deals happen kinda often with Dell.

Besides, they are on 3 weeks backorder at this point. Kinda sucks waiting.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Dont freak out, these deals happen kinda often with Dell.

Besides, they are on 3 weeks backorder at this point. Kinda sucks waiting.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I was thinking about the deals. I'll probably try to pick one up the next time.

bread's done
Back