Any Deals on Genuine Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit Cheap

Ronzilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Does anybody know of any good deals on the GENUINE Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit? Amazon has it normally priced at $20 and the cheapest I've found is Walmart online at $14.

Was hoping for under $10 but don't want to deal with 3rd party cables off of eBay. Got NO responses from craigslist ads :cry:.

Avoid the Play and Charge kits. I have bought around 5 of them and they suck. They died on me way too soon and don't hold a charge for long. Go to the store and get yourself an energizer battery charger with 4 batteries for less than $20. They hold a charge for a lot longer and will take a lot longer to die.

[quote name='eliter1']Avoid the Play and Charge kits. I have bought around 5 of them and they suck. They died on me way too soon and don't hold a charge for long. Go to the store and get yourself an energizer battery charger with 4 batteries for less than $20. They hold a charge for a lot longer and will take a lot longer to die.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice but I'm actually just wanting to use the cable from the kit to make my wireless controller, wired.

It's a cheaper route to go than purchasing the wired controller, which runs around $28.

I have 4 battery packs and they all work great, and have held a decent charge since release now.

On that note, if you have not looked into 'Club Bing' try to do a little search here as well online for 'alternate methods' and if I recall they still have a play and charge kit on there as a prize for around 8k points, which if done right means about a week or so. But granted the shipping time it quite long and many accounts have been banned, but if you have the time to spare and want to look into that, give it a gander.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I have 4 battery packs and they all work great, and have held a decent charge since release now.

On that note, if you have not looked into 'Club Bing' try to do a little search here as well online for 'alternate methods' and if I recall they still have a play and charge kit on there as a prize for around 8k points, which if done right means about a week or so. But granted the shipping time it quite long and many accounts have been banned, but if you have the time to spare and want to look into that, give it a gander.[/QUOTE]

I'll definitely check that out right now. Thanks for the tip! :D

When you hook up your wireless controller with a play and charge kit to a computer you can't play games with that controller unless you buy the wireless connection for playing on pc. Windows will find the play and charge kit. But that cable only provides power to the controller. No information is sent on it.

[quote name='Ronzilla']Thanks for the advice but I'm actually just wanting to use the cable from the kit to make my wireless controller, wired.[/QUOTE]
The play and charge cable only charges the battery, it does not transfer any data.

[quote name='hotstud19us']When you hook up your wireless controller with a play and charge kit to a computer you can't play games with that controller unless you buy the wireless connection for playing on pc. Windows will find the play and charge kit. But that cable only provides power to the controller. No information is sent on it.[/QUOTE]

I won't be using it on my PC but it's good to know that if I do end up using it on my PC, i'll need to purchase the wireless receiver.

It also appears that even the wired controller needs the receiver to play on a PC.

The cheapest I have seen them was 10 bucks on craigslist from someone selling their extra parts out.

I have the play and charge kits and they work fine. What most people are doing that jacks up the batteries they don't let the batteries charge completely before shutting off the system. I've seen friends just plug their controllers in and 15 mins later shut the game off and the controller is no longer charging. You will kill the batteries longevity that way.

If you are ready to charge the batteries, make sure you use a charging station are going to play long enough to give the batteries a good charge.

[quote name='oddeye'] What most people are doing that jacks up the batteries they don't let the batteries charge completely before shutting off the system. I've seen friends just plug their controllers in and 15 mins later shut the game off and the controller is no longer charging. You will kill the batteries longevity that way.

[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY. This is why I have a charging station for the batteries and then the play and charge cables for when I have more people over so that the people outnumber the battery packs haha.

I would say I could ship one of mine out to you, but it would only be the cable itself seeing as I use the battery packs all of the time. Plus with packaging/shipping I would want about $10 PayPal, which does not seem like a great deal.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I would say I could ship one of mine out to you, but it would only be the cable itself seeing as I use the battery packs all of the time. Plus with packaging/shipping I would want about $10 PayPal, which does not seem like a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Not bad. would you send (2) for that price? I'd definitely go for that if you're not really in need of all those cables :D.

[quote name='oddeye']I've seen friends just plug their controllers in and 15 mins later shut the game off and the controller is no longer charging. You will kill the batteries longevity that way.[/QUOTE]
Weird, my Play & Charge Kit charges after I turn the system off. Had it for almost 2 years now, no complaints.

well i don't know any deals off hand ronzilla, but when i bought my 360 from my cousin he only had the battery and couldn't find the cable, so i was screwed when it died, so the next day i went up to see if they had a kit at gamestop. what i did find was an energizer cable, which is like 10 ft. long, for like $7. so, it's not a microsoft brand, but you might check a local gamestop, or gamestop.com and find a cable by itself.

[quote name='Ronzilla']Not bad. would you send (2) for that price? I'd definitely go for that if you're not really in need of all those cables :D.[/QUOTE]

If I had that many spare I would, I have people over all the time playing (I have 2 360s system linked) so I kind of need the cables... exactly why I said that I understand $10 isn't a great deal for only one (I just figured I would throw it out there though still). Sorry bud.

[quote name='BrolyB593']If I had that many spare I would, I have people over all the time playing (I have 2 360s system linked) so I kind of need the cables... exactly why I said that I understand $10 isn't a great deal for only one (I just figured I would throw it out there though still). Sorry bud.[/QUOTE]

No worries. Thanks for the offer though. I tried that Club Bing and played a few games but at the rate I was going it's
gonna take me a year to get the 5600 points for the cable LOL :lol:. The games are pretty cool though.

[quote name='stuntman21']well i don't know any deals off hand ronzilla, but when i bought my 360 from my cousin he only had the battery and couldn't find the cable, so i was screwed when it died, so the next day i went up to see if they had a kit at gamestop. what i did find was an energizer cable, which is like 10 ft. long, for like $7. so, it's not a microsoft brand, but you might check a local gamestop, or gamestop.com and find a cable by itself.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice stuntman21, but honestly I'd rather only deal with genuine cables because of my experience with 3rd party accessories.
They just haven't worked out well for me in the past :cry: .

Last edited by a moderator:
would u guys recommend the Nyko Charge Base? I had 3 wireless controllers die on me in about 48 hours. And now my 2 Play & Charge kits stopped working. :wall::bomb:

bread's done
Back