Any deals on Macbook Pro?

Scorpius

CAGiversary!
Looking to get a Macbook, but don't want to pay insane amounts for it. I haven't seen any deals on Apple products ever really, and would like to know if there is anything.

There's student discounts, and if you know anyone that works for Apple (including retail, I believe), they get decent discounts too.

Might try macmall.com if your not a student and dont know anyone that is or that works for apple. They aren't the cheapest but looks like you save 5% on the 13in MBPs. You also might try ebay there are some great deals on there usually.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! Unfortunately, no longer a student, don't know anyone that works for Apple, and don't have any physical stores around me(deployed). I forgot, the military has an agreement with Apple! But does anyone know when they will start pushing out computers with OSX Lion on them?

Lion comes out in July. All new MBPs purchased after June 6 get Lion for free, at least if you purchase directly from Apple. There isn't going to be a hardware refresh on MBPs until 2012 I'd imagine.

The Back to School sale is on right now, with the normal education discount + $100 gift card (which is down from a free 8GB ipod touch they offered last year.)

Even if you're not a student, you can get in on the student pricing. Just pick your old school and if you get audited, show them your old ID card. Chances are they won't even audit you for the edu discount. Some employees strongly hint that you should take classes at the local JC when you purchase your Mac.

Otherwise your best bet is to just hit Amazon. I believe they discount MBPs a little, plus no sales tax if you live in a good state. The downside to Amazon is you can't customize your MBPs to get the HD screen, or to upgrade to the 128GB SSD. All the other MBP upgrades are cheaper to do on your own than through Apple.

bread's done
Back