Any Deals on Moon (Blu-ray)

[quote name='DestroVega']I hardly ever blind buy movies, very hesitant... I am so tempted to do so here.[/QUOTE]
I'm tempted to blind buy as well. This movie never reached the theaters in my city.

I saw the movie a few months ago and I won't be buying it until its fairly cheap. Kind of interesting movie but definitely not something I need to own. You might want to reconsider blind buying at release prices, granted this movie won't go down in price very fast I assume.

If you're a fan of quiet, contemplative science-fiction like 2001 and Solaris, then you'll probably like this even though it's not as good as the aforementioned.

I'm glad I live in L.A. where indie theaters abound. I was able to watch Moon in its second week as part of a double feature with Hurt Locker for only $6.

[quote name='rapsodist']If you're a fan of quiet, contemplative science-fiction like 2001 and Solaris, then you'll probably like this even though it's not as good as the aforementioned.

I'm glad I live in L.A. where indie theaters abound. I was able to watch Moon in its second week as part of a double feature with Hurt Locker for only $6.[/QUOTE]

That. is. awesome.

[quote name='rapsodist']If you're a fan of quiet, contemplative science-fiction like 2001 and Solaris, then you'll probably like this even though it's not as good as the aforementioned.

I'm glad I live in L.A. where indie theaters abound. I was able to watch Moon in its second week as part of a double feature with Hurt Locker for only $6.[/QUOTE]
Yea, I am a fan of 2001, so I might like it. Unfortunately, we don't have many indie theaters out here in the midwest.

Moon is, by far, one of the best movies of 2009. I don't usually advocate blind buying, bit if you like sci-fi... good sci-fi, not that new Star Trek shit... then you simply cannot go wrong with Moon.

One of the best things about Moon is that it knows you've seen 2001, and movies like it, and it plays off of those expectations of what you then assume is going to happen. I loved it, and couldn't recommend it more for those who like deliberate, hard sci-fi.

I saw this the week it came out...one of the best movies I've ever seen in my life. Even got the soundtrack on vinyl and the one sheet, that's how much I love this movie.

[quote name='zenintrude']Moon is, by far, one of the best movies of 2009. I don't usually advocate blind buying, bit if you like sci-fi... good sci-fi, not that new Star Trek shit... then you simply cannot go wrong with Moon.[/QUOTE]

Love Sci-Fi? Blind buy Moon.

Moon is one of those very rare movies that reminds me why I buy DVDs/Blu Rays. I've been anxiously waiting for Moon to be released.

I buy MASTERPIECE movies that are either unpopular or unadvertised so I can show others.

Moon was the best movie of 2009 for me and my girlfriend. She walked out of the theatre and said it was on par with The Abyss. I have to agree with that. DAMN good movie. 2001 is also one of my favorite movies.

rent before you buy it. I am one of the ones who was not so enamored with this movie though 2001 is one of my favorite sci-fi movies.

I was extremely close to blind buying this one, but my local best buy only had 3 blu ray copies in stock and sold out within the first hour of opening.. damn. I netflix qued it. Is it on XBOX live even?

bread's done
Back