Any deals on Rome Season 1 or Season 2? *update

Swingman

CAGiversary!
Best I could find was $55 for season 1 at deepdiscount and $64 for season 2 at overstock.

I went ahead and bought both seasons at buy.com for $110 total. Seems like the best I could have done was $100 but wanted to start watching it now.

I've seen them on sale for 49.99 each from time to time, may be your best bet next time they are on sale, and I know last year Best Buy I believe had a big HBO sale around xmas.

[quote name='ALee80283']Target had the 2nd season on sale for $49.99 last week, at least in Phoenix ...[/QUOTE]

It's all about timing and I don't have it. I think i didn't check target til earlier this week.

Everytime I go to costco I always see these seasons set at a price of $50. The price never changes so if you can get to a costco they should be $50.

[quote name='chunkay']Everytime I go to costco I always see these seasons set at a price of $50. The price never changes so if you can get to a costco they should be $50.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there are any costcos in southern Indiana. Indianapolis is apparently the closest and not really interested in driving that far. Their website has it at $66 for both so apparently the good price is only in-store.

Rome has been coming in and out of sale at 50 for a few months now, if youre patient you can easily score the series for 100 in about a months time

[quote name='chunkay']Everytime I go to costco I always see these seasons set at a price of $50. The price never changes so if you can get to a costco they should be $50.[/QUOTE]

yeah that is where I was going to mention. They also have many of the good dvd sets for $50, like deadwood and band of brothers and a few others. $50 still sounds like a lot of $$$ for what they are giving- just 12 episodes i mean sheesh. I guess if people will pay it, then they should keep the prices high.

Any news on the series going to an HD format anytime soon? I'd love Deadwood/Rome/Band of Brothers on HD (in America, I know BoB released elsewhere on HD).

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Any news on the series going to an HD format anytime soon? I'd love Deadwood/Rome/Band of Brothers on HD (in America, I know BoB released elsewhere on HD).[/QUOTE]
Probably, both Sopranos 6-1 and 6-2 have been released on Blu and HD and im fairly certain one of the Entourage seasons has also been released

[quote name='Lint21']You could check the BN 50% off deal that's going on right now... thread in this forum.[/QUOTE]

If I had a mastercard instead of visa then I might have checked it out. After the $25 for a membership, it would come to about $100. I can get pretty close to that already and would rather not go through the hassle of getting a mastercard and membership to BN.

Thanks for pointing it out though.

bread's done
Back