Any deals on Shawshank Redemption Blu-Ray (digibook)?

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've watched a few blu-rays since getting a USB BR drive for my mac. Normally I don't like to own movies but Shawshank is one of my favorite movies so I figure it is worth it to upgrade from the DVD version to the BR.

The digibook pack looks kind of neat- I picked up the digibook for Amadeus recently. I liked it, I would like to get the digibook version of Shawshank too.

I know it was on sale recently but it seems I missed out as it's now like $25 on amazon.

Anyone see it elsewhere for less or should I just keep waiting it out

Ruahrc

Edit: hope this is the right forum. It's not entirely clear what forum is most appropriate for asking about DVD/BR deals- either here or in the "other deals" section, since there is no subforum specific to asking about DVD/BRs like for video games. Mods please move if necessary

this is too funny, my wife just had me order this movie from Amazon. Said her co-workers have been talking about it and she had never seen it. First I had to make sure I wasn't in some sort of weird time parallel b/c I figured everyone had seen this movie..

but yeah, I priced it just about everywhere, except the WBshop. and $23-$25, so I went with the $6 DVD from Amazon with Prime. Also bought The Green Mile for $5 at Target, b/c I figure the fist question after my wife tells everyone she saw it, is has she seen that..just want to be prepared :D

Thanks for the info ssjmichael I appreciate you looking. $19 shipped at the WB shop is still too high for me though. I guess I will keep watching for it to go on sale again. I got the Amadeus digibook for $8.

Great movie though!

I bought the regular blu at Walmart a month or two ago for $8 and thought that was a deal. Probably not going to find the book for anything less than $15 or so (if you're lucky) like someone said.

Fake edit: After checking quick there is an ebay listing for $13 buy it now brand new but the title says nothing about it being the book version. It is in the generic description multiple times though and the seller has good feedback if you want to take a small chance. They offer 7 day free return shipping also.

real edit: link if you're lazy

[quote name='ssjmichael']It definitely won't drop to Amadeus lows. Lowest I can see it is probably around $15[/QUOTE]
Not even around black Friday you don't think?

[quote name='token2k6']First I had to make sure I wasn't in some sort of weird time parallel b/c I figured everyone had seen this movie..:D[/QUOTE]

Not only have I not seen it, I have no idea what it's about.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Not only have I not seen it, I have no idea what it's about.[/QUOTE]

You must've been mesmerized by Forrest Gump that year so you just skipped over it.

Probably depends how old you are, it did poorly in the theaters but did well on video and then was shown all the time on television for awhile before it wasn't shown as often. If one was too young to catch the wave of television airings I could see how they could of not heard of the movie.

bread's done
Back