Any deals on SW:TOR?

unbongwah

CAGiversary!
A couple friends are trying to persuade me to jump into Old Republic. TBH, I'm wary of jumping onto any MMORPG's launch, esp. one likely to be as popular as SW:TOR; but we don't get to game together that often anymore, so strike while the iron is hot, y'know? Of course, I wouldn't be a CAGger (CAGgie? CAGite?) if I didn't try to find a bargain or at least a nice bonus - MSRP is for chumps. ;)

No kidding. I had almost resigned myself to picking up a couple of copies for me and my wife... even going so far as to pay full price. When I was about to check out, I learned Origin charges tax adding another nearly 10% for me. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Anyone who wants a copy of this PM me and we can work something out.

I could do a sealed copy shipped for about $45 ~ $48 via PayPal.

Like I said PM me whoever may be interested and we can work it out.

[quote name='campbelld']No kidding. I had almost resigned myself to picking up a couple of copies for me and my wife... even going so far as to pay full price. When I was about to check out, I learned Origin charges tax adding another nearly 10% for me. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.[/QUOTE]

I cringe at paying full price for an MMO or PC game, well for one thing you can't trade them after beating them.. last 2 games I played on PC was not worth a damn: Dragon Age 2 and Rift MMO, I didn't even last 1 week on Rift before I threw away the CDs lol.

I was almost ready to cancel my SWTOR pre-order due to Skyrim/Assisins Creed Rev/Skyward sword/Saints Row 3 that I was all taking up my gaming time.. I didn't even try for Beta even I had an invite, then came Early access.. I decided to give it a try, boy was I hooked! Its like KOTOR with a hint of WoW basically but the story is very well done! I would suggest for u to pick it up, if your wife is playing too, u can pretty much 2-man most Elite quest and Flashpoints(instances with stories) with companions of course.. think of companions as your side kick :)

There was a few around release on AWD for around ~$30, might more show up but I HIGHLY doubt it, worth a shot though.

tbh I would just pony up the $60 and get it.

[quote name='girfreak']MUST RESIST. I have 64 something store credit at gamestop but I cant help but not want to jump ship to another wow clone.[/QUOTE]

SWTOR is NOTHING like WoW.

[quote name='T3ntman']SWTOR is NOTHING like WoW.[/QUOTE]

It's worse. It's the worst of WoW and the worst of Fallen Earth, with less content than either, clunky gameplay, and a world that feels dead, not living and vibrant. Oooh, the NPCs have full speech.. big deal, the game still feels dead.

I paid $40.81 on Amazon warehouse deals. I got a copy that said broken seal. The code wa still valid. They said I could return it of it had been redeemed. Thankfully it was still good.

I have a couple I will let go for $45 a piece if anyone needs one.

They are new and never been opened, I know 1005% sure that the codes are still good.

PM me if anyone wants to take me up on this deal.

bread's done
Back