Any deals on the new Futurama movie, Bender's Big Score?

Gothic Walrus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Since it looks like the early posts of the weekly ads are now a thing of the past since Speedy's been forced into hiding, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask...

Honestly, any kind of deal at all would be nice, but I'm not sure what's going to be available. Free swag (stuffed Nibber? Zoidberg figure?) would be the best, but I'm also interested in any deals on the season box sets - I've been surviving on the Adult Swim reruns, but if I can justify picking up the season sets now because they're on sale, that would be great. :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']
I bought all the DVD seasons for around $30 each, that's twice as much as they are now. This site also called cheapass, $18 for 4 episodes is not cheap. I'm a true fan of the show, and it doesn't make anyone less of a fan for buying an overpriced, overrated movie.

I'm a fan of Firefly, I still haven't bought the movie. $20 is too much for a movie I thought was quite inferior to the TV show.[/QUOTE]

It's simple economics. If you want more Futurama, there is only one way to contribute towards that goal: vote with your wallet. Buying it on clearance? That won't help sales numbers. Watching it on TV in the future? Doesn't matter unless you're a Nielsen family.

If you really think $18 or $20 is too much to pay for a brand-new, never-before-aired-on-TV movie (with copious bonus features), then perhaps you could trade some of your food stamps or something for a copy. Or be a jerk and just steal it. :cool:

Off Topic -

Anyone know where I can DL the theme song?

And The Movie is Worth it, but I have to agree, the TV show, well rather, "The Older Episodes" are funnier, atleast in my opinion.

[quote name='chair_home']Thanks for the coupon. The Target website has the dvd for 17.99 (but I know that its sometimes different in stores... lame), so I'll stop by after work and check it out.[/QUOTE]

Boooo. Target sells it for 19.99 in-store. Still a bit of a savings, but could have saved 2 more dollars :whistle2:/

I'm kinda dissapointed that Fox didnt go for a Blu-ray release on this. With the amount of CG animation, it would've looked great.

Anyone know how often they plan on releasing the movies? I guess theres always the chance that if these do well, fox will release a boxset of all 4 on BR.

[quote name='Bezerker']I'm kinda dissapointed that Fox didnt go for a Blu-ray release on this. With the amount of CG animation, it would've looked great.
[/QUOTE]

According to the DVD commentary, the movies are coming out in HD at some point. Since it's produced by Fox, that means Blu-Ray. No dates or anything though.

[quote name='eastx']It's simple economics. If you want more Futurama, there is only one way to contribute towards that goal: vote with your wallet. Buying it on clearance? That won't help sales numbers. Watching it on TV in the future? Doesn't matter unless you're a Nielsen family.

If you really think $18 or $20 is too much to pay for a brand-new, never-before-aired-on-TV movie (with copious bonus features), then perhaps you could trade some of your food stamps or something for a copy. Or be a jerk and just steal it. :cool:[/quote]

Economics is not the word your are looking for. Buying DVDs will help the cause, but ratings is what will ultimately get a show (FG) resigned. FG was resigned in part due to DVD sales, but mainly due to the numbers Adult Swim was getting playing the FG reruns.

I love Futurama, so I picked this up but haven't watched it yet.

I picked up the new movie at Best Buy and it's great... I hated the package though - the disc just comes in what's basically a cardboard sleeve. However, there's hope! A slim pack DVD case fits perfectly inside of the existing package. I got a two disc slim pack case (from cdprofessionals.com) to hold both the movie and the Best Buy bonus disc. I made a crappy video to show what I'm talking about, in case you're confused...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaSIc6TLh-k

I'm going to have to try and go to another BB at some point since the BB I have gone too had horrible condition looking ones. Really just mangled and beaten up. Maybe I'll go to Target since they seem to have it cheaper. I don't really care for the extra bonus disc that BB is offering.

I bought it the day it came out, and my had what looked like a tiny smudges on the edge of the data side of the disc. It would play in my PS2 until about chapter 11 or 12, and then would play any more. Fortunately , it would play in my computer, so I could watch the rest that way. I took exchanged the disc yesterday, only to discover the new disc had two more spots. Also didn't work in my PS2. Going to take it back again today, only I'm going to check the disc right there in the store before I leave.

I loved the movie, btw way. It's so great to have Futurama back, and I can't wait for the other movies now. Also, I'm pretty happy with the extras too. I definately suggest picking this up, preferably sooner than later.

[quote name='Strawberry Gojira Forever']I bought it the day it came out, and my had what looked like a tiny smudges on the edge of the data side of the disc. It would play in my PS2 until about chapter 11 or 12, and then would play any more. Fortunately , it would play in my computer, so I could watch the rest that way. I took exchanged the disc yesterday, only to discover the new disc had two more spots. Also didn't work in my PS2. [/quote]

Here's a fucking thought, maybe your PS2 is just a piece of shit that no longer plays DVDs?

And where were the smudges, if they are on the outside edge than does it really matter?

[quote name='bigdaddy']Here's a fucking thought, maybe your PS2 is just a piece of shit that no longer plays DVDs?

And where were the smudges, if they are on the outside edge than does it really matter?[/quote]

Well arn't you kind of crazy. The packaging is not good and it is kinda wide spread that the DVD's are not playing consistantly.

I'm not sure but I was on their website and it said "Buy any Tee, get a movie listed for $9.99" and they had a list of four, including Futurama.

And if your PS2 isn't playing it right and your computer is than is it the DVD or PS2? :rolleyes:

[quote name='bigdaddy']Here's a fucking thought, maybe your PS2 is just a piece of shit that no longer plays DVDs?[/quote]

That might follow, except that no other DVD has given my PS2 problems recently. I played BSG: Razor a few days ago on it with no problems. I recognize my choice of a DVD player is definitely on the low end, but it's all I got hooked up to my TV right now.

[quote name='bigdaddy'] And where were the smudges, if they are on the outside edge than does it really matter?[/quote]
They were about 2 to 3 cm wide, extending from the edge of the disc inwards. Bad enought to effect play back on a low end DVD player. Both times, playback was stopped at exactly the start of chapter 11 or 12.

I exchanged it yet again yesterday at Best Buy, only this time I inspected the disc right there in the store. This disc was smudge free, and wouldn't you know it, when I took it home and played it in my PS2, it played fine. I'm very much inclined to believe that the smudges were, in fact, the culprit.

[quote name='sendme']Couldnt you have just cleaned the DVD?[/quote]

Thank you!

And considering Futurama shouldn't even take up half the disk, the outer part shouldn't matter.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Thank you!

And considering Futurama shouldn't even take up half the disk, the outer part shouldn't matter.[/quote]

the disk is 7.16 GB

bread's done
Back