Any deals on the Rock Band 2 set?

Lightning War

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just curious if there was any deals floating around for the Rock Band 2 set..

Y'know, the one that has the drums/guitar/microphone/game..

Or, if there was someplace that was selling the individual parts cheaper then normal, where it'd be cheaper just to buy all of it separately (Which I can't see happening.)

I don't want instruments from the original Rock Band, as I've only heard bad things about them.

Thanks guys :)

I noticed this morning that Gamestop lowered their prices on drums to $49.99, like everywhere else. On a whim, I searched for the whole set, and they have Rock Band 2 Special Edition sets priced for $100! I returned my drums to Best Buy, and bought the whole set with a price match. I think this is the best deal going, now.

Agreed. $99 is the best price you will find for the RB2 kit.

I picked mine up when TRU had thier 109.00 deal last year and all the instruments are still going strong.

Ah, my prayers have been answered. I checked before I posted, and I saw it was $139.99, and I knew that there had been $99 deals before, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask..

And now the 99 deal pops up again! Epic.

Do you think it'll stay like this, or will it go back to the $139.99 price tag?

[quote name='Bigbob317']Do you think it'll stay like this, or will it go back to the $139.99 price tag?[/QUOTE]

Unless you see ALL retailers doing this, it's just a special. I don't know if we'll see it any lower this shopping season. There might be a deal with a cheap set and another game (like Beatles RB.) Regardless, $100 was my buying point, and I'm satisfied.

The fact that they're still trying to get rid of RB1 stock is interesting; these sets take huge amounts of retail space. You'd have thought they would have clearanced it out everywhere by now. We may see some deals on Guitar Hero World Tour when Band Hero becomes the default with the improved drum set.

bread's done
Back