Any Digital Devil Saga experts?

Negative

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Alright, here's the thing, I went to a local GS, and noticed a Deluxe Box set of Digital Devil Saga. I take it to the register and ask the guy if it has all the extras, (I'm guessing so, since it is marked new.) In any case, he says yes, and fills the box up. Stupid me, thinking it's all good being that this is a new game, I forget to check it and proceed to pay. Long story short, I get home and find the original DDS and a complete DDS2. All over the box it says "DDS2 coming soon," so I'm guessing DDS2 shouldn't have come w/ this box? I've looked on Ebay, and I THINK there should be some sort of 40-page manual instead? Here's a pic of everything included, 2 cardboard boxes, some DDS2/Stella Deus cover, soundtrack, and both games. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and what would you do if you were in my shoes? P.S. I'm more of a collector, is this item hard to find at all? I was aiming having it just for collection purposes, but I really don't want it if it is incomplete. Thanks again.

CIMG2178.jpg

This same thing happened to my friend... you just got really lucky and got an idiot Gamestop employee. Either that, or someone traded in both games together, and that Gamestop just didn't know any better and give someone credit for DDS 1 when it actually had both games inside of it. This is what happened to my friend, and while the manager of the store caught it, he gave him both DDS's for the used price of DDS 1. He made a thread on it here a few weeks ago, as well.

It came complete, it worked like this:

Digital Devil Saga was shipped in that giant box, it had room in it for the sequel. The sequel (sold seperately) was to fit in the box, making it a sort of collectors box.

DDS 1 had the big box and soundtrack, DDS 2 was just the game by itself. There is no 40 page manual that was seperate outside of the game, and I bought both DDS 1 and 2 brand new.

Nice score! Both DDS and DDS2 for $50.

What puzzles me is why there is a sticker marked 'NEW' if it's a used game(s)?

Well, Gamestop/EB sometimes sell open items as new, but I think it's a practice they are slowly stopping. Both games however are sealed. Roufuss, another question, were there 2 Digital Devil Saga 2 with different covers printed? Or is the same cover interchangeable? You can see the one I currently have, however, I kind of like this one better:

B000784XG2.01-AIGI2YLZJE0LN.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Well, Gamestop/EB sometimes sell open items as new, but I think it's a practice they are slowly stopping. Both games however are sealed. Roufuss, another question, were there 2 Digital Devil Saga 2 with different covers printed? Or is the same cover interchangeable? You can see the one I currently have, however, I kind of like this one better:

B000784XG2.01-AIGI2YLZJE0LN.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The cover is interchangable.

Great score indeed...for both guys that got the DDS combo. I could never get that lucky. And Roufuss is correct. The 40 page manual is the one inside the game case, and not some seperate one.

Very nice

I still have to finish DDS1. This is the second time I stopped, right after 136. I got distracted by RE4:bomb:

Yeah, Atlus did the anime-box-set thing with DDS. Buy DDS 1 with the 'extras' box and OST] and that has room for the sequel. You got a real bargain there. It's complete and then some since you were probably only supposed to get DDS1 :)

I had the same thing happen to me at Coconuts except it was only 29.99. I also got the LE Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne for 29.99 as well.

Thanks goodness for negligent employees!

bread's done
Back