ANy EXCEL magicians out there? I need HELP!

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
OK, I think I need to do an IF/THEN formula but I'm not sure how. Basically, I am trying to calculate some interest on a Debt Note. I have some formula where I multiply the principal by the interest rate by the total days elapsed. The only issue is that if the debt note isn't repaid after 6 months a premium kicks in of 150%.

Everything is calculated off of the payment date so I want the spreadsheet to know IF the date is before 6 months, use formula 1 to calculate everything BUT IF the date is past 6 months then use formula 2 to calculate everything. Does that make sense?

I've done it on the old excel, but not yet on the newer one...what version of Excel do you have?

On Excel 2007 there is a button under the Formulas Tab marked, Logical, that has an IF button you can click.

If you have a different version of excel i might be able to watlk you through it.

Have you considered writing a Visual Basic macro to do this? A passing familiarity with VB should make this easy.

Also, if you don't want to, maybe you can split whatever field you have for the date so that month day and year are in different columns. Should make it easier for Excel to perform logical operations.

Thanks guys. I think I've got it except for one thing. In the formula for the "logical test" part I want to use a date but it doesn't seem to want to recognize it.

IF(logical_test,value_if_true,value_if_false)

I'm using:

=IF(F2

My boss is a whiz with this shit.

You have to have a fucking CS degree to be an accountant nowadays.

What about Quickbooks? Every place I know of uses that, and it's probably a helluva lot easier.

bread's done
Back