Any good PC stores in NYC?

salmonax5

CAG Veteran
I need an SATA adapter card for a hard drive I want to install, and I need it ASAP. Whenever I order stuff online, I always have to add 1 week before it gets to me (I have a weird address and delivery guys always mess up.) Are there any reputable stores in NYC that sell PC parts? The big box stores (BB, CC, Staples) don't have it, and I'm wary about going into those tourist trap places with laptops in the store windows... Damn, I'm starting to miss CompUSA. Thanks in advance.

I'd suggest you head to Brooklyn and find a computer store there. They usually sell OEM parts, but the prices are competitive with online merchants since the rents aren't exorbitant like in the city.

sata controller card??
i have an sata controller card but it isn't sata 2 [3gigabit transfer rate] but sata 1 [1.5gigabit transfer rate]. it uses pci slots. it has two ports and can be set to either internal or external through jumpers. i'll sell you one for $15 if you need one. i'm locate in queens, nyc.

if you're willing to drive out of the city, there are microcenters on long island and nj that have lots of oem stuff

bread's done
Back