Any good places to find a Game Boy Micro?

Deserter Goose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Other than the usual eBay/Amazon ideas - I'm trying to avoid spending $55+ to get even a well-used one that actually comes with an adapter. I used to actually have one of these odd suckers (bought one soon after they first came out while I worked at KB Toys), but my family seems to have inadvertently thrown it out/sold it before I went back looking for it.

I'll probably end up trying to start a sale/trade thread around here once I can (three days), so that might help, but if any of you guys know where I can snag a decent one for a fair price, lemme know.

And thanks in advance for any help. ;)

Yep, I actually looked Gamestop up earlier. The nearest store that might have one (if I had a dollar for every time I called a store that had a item listed as in stock and was shot down...) is 15 miles away, and the next is 35 miles away, etc., etc. Going to be phoning around tomorrow before I waste an hour on that(I hate Louisville traffic).

There was someone listing a Gameboy Micro in the trade forum. Not sure where his/her post would've gotten to by now, but I definitely remember someone having GB Micro in their thread title.

There are tons of game shops around me that have Gameboy Micros. I could possibly pick you one up and sell it to you at cost. If you're interested, let me know what you're looking to spend.

[quote name='aeroforce325']There was someone listing a Gameboy Micro in the trade forum. Not sure where his/her post would've gotten to by now, but I definitely remember someone having GB Micro in their thread title.[/QUOTE]

If it was http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259418, I'm currently trying to see if he accepts Amazon Payments instead of Paypal. I might have to do a more thorough forum search if you think it was someone else's, though. :)

[quote name='Organization_XIII']There are tons of game shops around me that have Gameboy Micros. I could possibly pick you one up and sell it to you at cost. If you're interested, let me know what you're looking to spend.[/QUOTE]

The most I want to spend is roughly $50, depending on if the console itself is in good condition and has an AC adapter. The faceplates themselves don't matter - I have a few still lying around here, and they're not too hard to find replacements for anyway. I'm also really hoping to find a black Micro (the actual system is black, not necessarily the faceplate) and not the silver/LE one. If you can, let me know what the prices are around there if you pop into one of those stores sometime.

[quote name='mitch079']http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...?ie=UTF8&qid=1301285398&sr=8-2&condition=used - higher priced option[/QUOTE]

I like the Amazon Warehouse pricing, but the 'Acceptable' condition has me wary, along with the fact that it's a LE one - I prefer to have my systems looking more sleek.

Thanks for the replies, guys! I'm surprised I had this much help already.

If you can, that'd be great - just let me know what you find if you do.

I just got off the phone with the nearest Gamestop and they said the only one they had was in fair condition with no charger. I thought they required chargers? Oh well.

No chance I'm going to pay 43% of the system's price for a cord that should come with the system in the first place. ;)

But thanks for letting me know where to find one if I come across trouble.

Well, since every possible avenue I have to finding a decently priced one is closed, it's probably a sign that I should give up and just see if someone who accepts Amazon Payments (never understood why they couldn't - it didn't take me five minutes to sign up) eventually lists on here.

Just checked my local game shop, and they have a black Micro in pretty good condition for $39.99. They also have an Ocarina of Time cart with the gold color. Is that worth anything?

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Just checked my local game shop, and they have a black Micro in pretty good condition for $39.99. They also have an Ocarina of Time cart with the gold color. Is that worth anything?[/QUOTE]

I personally don't know much about it, but Amazon has used gold cart OoTs going for $26 and up (after shipping).

As for the GBM... it'd probably cost you $45 to ship after taxes and such. I don't think my original offer of $50 would make it worth it, and I'm not sure if I'd like to punch too big of a hole in my wallet after having to deal with an idiot buyer on Amazon (which'll probably cost me at least $30). Sigh - I hate people sometimes.

I picked up a new Game Boy Micro Famicom from Gamestop mid last year for about $70. Would it be possible to have the store search inventory? Cause the one I went to had the item shipped to them so I could purchase it.

[quote name='Triz']I picked up a new Game Boy Micro Famicom from Gamestop mid last year for about $70. Would it be possible to have the store search inventory? Cause the one I went to had the item shipped to them so I could purchase it.[/QUOTE]

None of my local stores ever give me the option of having an item shipped to them from another store just so I could purchase it. The retailer I used to work at did such a thing, but we weren't Gamestop. ;)

bread's done
Back