Any hard to find 360 games yet?

davyd

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Are there any hard to find 360 games out there yet? Anyone have any predictions for future games that may become difficult to get a copy of? There's quite a few PS2 and GC games that I wished I got a hold of before seemingly every copy dropped off the face of the planet.

I actually had a hard time finding a copy of Culdcept Saga. None of the major stores around here carried it, and I only found one used copy in a Gamestop that I don't usually frequent. I was lucky and it was in good condition and came complete.

It probably sounds silly to think of a 360 game as hard to find at this point, but I don't think any of us were thinking we'd be drooling over sealed copies of many Gamecube games back in its prime.

Aye, I'm thinking of picking up a set once my stimulus check comes in. Hopefully the price doesn't skyrocket to $3 by then.

Here's an old thread that hasn't been active in a while:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151777&highlight=rare&page=2

I think Bioshock LE and the Ace Combat 6 Flightstick bundle are the only games that are rare and fetch a premium. A few of the collector's editions are also a bit hard to find, some more than others (such as for Transformers, Mass Effect and CoD4).

The real rarity is in the faceplates. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more than 50 of them that fetched more than $100+ each.

The rarest LE, aside from Bioshock, is the Transformers one. I don't see the Jericho LE too much anymore, either. Culdcept Saga has had a relatively low print run so far. A few of the movie games are getting tougher to find as the 360 wasn't really their target audience (Bee Movie comes to mind)

stuff i rarely see:

Assassin's Creed LE, Mass Effect LE, Eternal Sonata, Most of the games that came out the first 3 months or so the system was out (King Kong, Tomb Raider, FNR 3, etc), Prey LE, Halo 3 Limited edition, Gears LE, and I cant think of anymore

[quote name='projecteightysix']Those burger king games go for quite a hefty price now.[/QUOTE]
Well, they are out of print now.

[quote name='radjago']Well, they are out of print now.[/QUOTE]

So are the Duck Hunt/Super Mario Bros. NES cartridges, but I see at least 10 at every used game store.

Thanks for the link to that thread, anteis, I hadn't found that one after searching.

King Kong! Man, I haven't seen a copy of that game in at least a year. I remember that was always the demo game playing at game stores along with PGR3.

I'm happy I'm not particularly interested in limited edition versions of games or faceplates. I guess I'll be checking out the other games mentioned in here and the other thread to see if there's anything I may want for the future.

I would say it depends on where you go, of course you can always find a used version somewhere. Nut some of the launch titles may be hard to find. Your best bet for games are Bestbuy because they don't clearance to much out but store that have clearanced out most of the old stuff GL.

Always can find them online though. That is one thing with XBox 360 though is they print up a tony of copies of thier games.

Bomberman Act Zero (worst selling 360 game of 2006)
Virtua Tennis 3 (not too rare but I predict this will soon be hard to find)
DDR Universe 2 (have only seen one person who has the game)
Import Challenge Tuner
UEFA CL 2006-2007 (I know its a sports game, but this 1 will def. disappear)
BulletWitch
Gun (hard to find now)
Kengo
WCP All In (this one is currently pretty hard to locate)
EDF 2017 (could possibly become rare)

honestly I see a lot of the Limted editions all the time.. i just can't bring myself to pay more for the same game .. i don't need dvd extras and the ilk..

IMO only recently has the 360 started to come into its own.. its first year and a half or so the majority of the games sucked..

rare or not.. im' not buying any of the based on movie games..

[quote name='dim2192']Bomberman Act Zero (worst selling 360 game of 2006)
Virtua Tennis 3 (not too rare but I predict this will soon be hard to find)
DDR Universe 2 (have only seen one person who has the game)
Import Challenge Tuner
UEFA CL 2006-2007 (I know its a sports game, but this 1 will def. disappear)
BulletWitch
Gun (hard to find now)
Kengo
WCP All In (this one is currently pretty hard to locate)
EDF 2017 (could possibly become rare)[/QUOTE]

I see Gun and Bulletwitch all the time in EB/GS used.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Ok well I see them at K-mart all the time.[/quote]really? My k-mart never has anything other than the popular games

The launch titles aren't hard to find at all, They're just out of print. That doesn't make them rare.

I don't think there are any rare games on the 360 right now. The Bioshock LE is uncommon but not rare, Lots of people have it. I think it goes for a lot on ebay because it is one of the most desirable limited editions made.

We won't know if there are any rare games on the 360 for at least a year after games for it are no longer made.

bread's done
Back