Any help in NC w/ building my new pc?

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I have had about $2000 in parts sitting on a table for about 3 months waiting on my pc savy cousin to build for me but he is being an ass and making it hard to catch up with him. So, if anyone is in the Winston-Salem, NC area and is interested in building my new pc, pm me. I live near Mt. Airy but work in Winston. I could maybe do it myself but I'd hate to mess something up since I have some higher end parts.

My parts list:

EVGA Classified 759
EVGA 285 FTW
Corsair 1000
i7 920 (DO stepping)
WD Caviar Black 1TB x3
GSkill 6GB 1600 DDR3 ram
Prolimatech Megahalem w/ shin etsu paste and Scyth slipstream fans
ABS Black Pearl or Antec 1200 case
Sony dvd
Kaze master fan controller
Logitech G15
Vista Ultimate w/ W7 preordered.

just do it yourself, it's like playing with an erector set. Just take your time and don't do anything stupid and you'll have no problems.

Honestly it looks like its going to be a pain at first but its fun once you know what your doing.

1st Rule is make sure you have ample time to work on it since it sounds like you have never done this before.
2d rule Building computer higher end parts or not they all have a certain guild-line (unless you have water cooling which inset worth it btw and it looks like you don't)

Building a pc the way i did it was
install the cpu+fan/heatsink on the mobo
install ram on mobo
INstall any extra case fans you might have
install mobo into case
install psu into case
Install HDD
INstall GFX
INstall Cd drive
Each component you installed requires power right? So now connect the parts to the right connectors.
INstall windows then latest drivers and you will be good to go.

A few nice things to feel good about is you can really plug things into the wrong spots. Like a molex power plug wont go into a 6 pin pci express plug or you can't plug the ram into a pci port. If you feel like your forcing something in it prob should not go there. Watch you tube/search Google before hand so you don't go flying in blind. In the end its worth it more to build it yourself so when something goes wrong or you need to change a part or upgrade you know how to do and can stop relying on people to help and feel helpless.

bread's done
Back