Any help with USPS? Possible lost package

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I love CAG and was hoping someone might be able to help me. I ordered a scarf from Shark Robot on the 5th, it shipped First Class Parcel via USPS on the 6th, and left the USPS sort facility in CO that day, I live in MD. Estimated delivery was last Friday, still nothing. The package has not updated since the 6th. I've tried contacting USPS via phone and email, no response. I just sent them a Tweet, as I really don't know what else to do. Anyone have experiences like this and can share any insight. It would be most appriciated. Thanks!

It should have arrived by now. I would contact the retailer; it's nice you're being proactive but that burden is on them.

How did you pay?

Visa card, just can't remember if it was through Paypal or not. USPS just replied to my tweet, if they can't figure it out I'll contact the retailer. Thanks.

What number are you calling? It should be the 800-ASK-USPS number that you're calling and I've never had an issue getting to someone on that phone number.
Exactly this. They'll take the information down and pass it on to your local post office, if necessary. The local PO will call you directly.

Here's the problem: it's USPS.

Which receives government funding.

And posts a loss every quarter.

That explains everything about this situation.
dude, learn some facts about the USPS. It's easy to think they are super incompetent but they actually make... ahhh f it. what's the point.

@OP - go to your local post office. best way to get a tracker filed.

Last edited by a moderator:
dude, learn some facts about the USPS. It's easy to think they are super incompetent but they actually make... ahhh f it. what's the point.

@OP - go to your local post office. best way to get a tracker filed.
lol, he must never have been to a PO and seen the signs that say " THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE DOES NOT RECEIVE ANY FEDERAL FUNDING"

Hey OP, if the tracking says it never left the sorting facility, then it is lost in that building. By calling the number Shriek and TLP posted, you should be able to get it straightened out. Also, contact the seller asap as it is your right to let them know about the situation. And as posted above, take the tracking number into your local PO as you can get answers from that.

I have had this happen a few times. Once my package came 3 weeks later. Another time, it shipped from FL to PA and then back to FL and back to PA again (?, right?) and the other time something I sent went through a continuous cycle where it never left a PO because of something with a signature confirmation.

I can't believe using twitter was the most effective way to reach them. what a world we live in lol.

Follow up, I contacted the seller, who will be sending me a replacement, as she said right away after I emailed her that it's most likely lost. The USPS twitter responded to me and asked me where the last update for the package was, but then never responded again. I tried the 24 hour line for the USPS, but they were no help and said it was most likely lost. Thanks everyone for your help.

Follow up, I contacted the seller, who will be sending me a replacement, as she said right away after I emailed her that it's most likely lost. The USPS twitter responded to me and asked me where the last update for the package was, but then never responded again. I tried the 24 hour line for the USPS, but they were no help and said it was most likely lost. Thanks everyone for your help.
expect to get two packages, one 3 months from now. where does the tracking say it is at now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeesh, sorry to hear that. I went through a trial lately with the USPS where I ordered a PSN card from Best Buy, only to have USPS flag it as "delivered" without actually delivering it. They didn't have it at the post office, and the carrier didn't remember delivering it. I tried calling the USPS hotline a couple of times, and every time they said they'd get back to me no one did. I finally called Best Buy and they just cancelled the lost PSN card and sent me a new one via UPS. It's shame, typically USPS is pretty reliable for me.

Out of curiosity, was this a MAGFest scarf?

Yeesh, sorry to hear that. I went through a trial lately with the USPS where I ordered a PSN card from Best Buy, only to have USPS flag it as "delivered" without actually delivering it. They didn't have it at the post office, and the carrier didn't remember delivering it. I tried calling the USPS hotline a couple of times, and every time they said they'd get back to me no one did. I finally called Best Buy and they just cancelled the lost PSN card and sent me a new one via UPS. It's shame, typically USPS is pretty reliable for me.

Out of curiosity, was this a MAGFest scarf?
Holy shit, yeah it was. How'd you know?

bread's done
Back