Any hope of a Phantom Dust sequel?

Scorpius

CAGiversary!
Don't know if anyone played or remembers this Xbox game, but with the new system capabilites, that would be awesome to bring back.

Hell yes I remember that! I really ought to bust it out and play it again! Too bad the online won't work. :(

I loved that game a lot. I doubt there will ever be a sequel (spiritual or direct), since the director's working on a safe Panzer Dragoon knock off. I still don't know how this game was made given that it was so different.

Maybe an XBL only version would work, but balancing would be a full time job.

One of my favorite games of all time! I put well over 200 hours into the damned thing. I remember a few years back the creator saying he was toying with making another fighter similar to PD but a whole new story. We can only hope.

And just incase anyone cares, it is compatible with the 360. I still pull it out from time to time.

[quote name='Deadpool']And just incase anyone cares, it is compatible with the 360. I still pull it out from time to time.[/QUOTE]

Is it? I remember trying it at one point, and it was a no-go, but they must've added it with one of those BC compatibility packs. Now I'm psyched, because that was probably my favorite OG Xbox game. I could pour over those decks of powers forever. I'd buy a sequel (spiritual or otherwise) in a heartbeat.

Oh man I completely forgot about that game. Wasn't it only 20 dollars when it came out? Now I'm going to be depressed because I had forgotten it and I can't play it anymore. Game was awesome though.

One of my favorite games of all time. Before it was playable on 360, I emailed MS constantly bugging about this game to work. I think the marker showed interest in a spiritual successor, but has no means of doing such a thing for awhile.

I doubt there'll ever be a sequel. Maybe if his dragon project is a success he'll have more leeway to do what he wants... That's a long-shot though.

Weird...was going through random drawers of old games / CDs / etc yesterday and came across that. I actually hooked up the XBox and played it for a little bit (yes, I know it works on the 360...just works better on the original system).

It's strange, because by all rights I shouldn't like that game - I don't like card battle games, and the asthetic of the game isn't something I'd normally care about...but I still find it really entertaining.

We'll never see a sequel but I'd really love to see them XBLA the original game at least, with all the DLC included and online play.

[quote name='KaneRobot']

We'll never see a sequel but I'd really love to see them XBLA the original game at least, with all the DLC included and online play.[/QUOTE]

And it would be so damn easy too! God would i still play the shit out of it if i could battle online. Unfortunately the computer isn't the highest of caliber opponent.

I bought this cheap on Amazon awhile back and haven't played it but have heard great things about it. It's just my style, cyberpunky and card battles, but I know it would be a huge timesink so I've avoided it for awhile. I'll get to it eventually. It has local head to head play, right?

I never did get the chance to play Phantom Dust online. :( And unfortunately, I may never will.

Here's hoping for an updated XBLA release. I'd definitely play it when/if it pops around!

I just remember playing the demo that had been hidden on an OXM disc MONTHS before it was really officially announced to be a US release. When Majesco finally announced that they were putting it out in the US, I was excited. Card battles aren't my type of game normally but this was really good gameplay, story, everything... I'd love to see it as an XBLA title, or a sequel, spiritual or true.

[quote name='trq']Is it? I remember trying it at one point, and it was a no-go, but they must've added it with one of those BC compatibility packs. Now I'm psyched, because that was probably my favorite OG Xbox game. I could pour over those decks of powers forever. I'd buy a sequel (spiritual or otherwise) in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

Same here, the BC didn't work a while ago so I sold my copy, and I too would buy any form of a sequel in an instant.

bread's done
Back