Any Japanese PSP games worth seeking?

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I'm pretty sure these things aren't region encoded...
Are there any Japanese PSP games that didn't make it to the US that are worth checking out?

I liked the cruise-around-and-find-someone-to-battle-then-mod-your-car gameplay of the Tokyo Extreme Racer/Shutokou Battle series. I know the Zone of Control PSP version is already out in Japan, and I was thinking of importing it. Anyone give that a play yet? Anything disappointing relative to the series (I only played the two on DC), does it have terrible load times?

[quote name='Bivensra']There is a fighting game called Bleach which has great graphics and looks like an anime.[/QUOTE]Bleach is an anime and all the characters in the game came from the anime,
I havent heard too much about the gameplay though...in fact, I havent head any thing about it at all

[quote name='Bivensra']There is a fighting game called Bleach which has great graphics and looks like an anime.[/QUOTE]

The Bleach game is awesome my friend has it :)

Then again I love the anime and manga, so I'm biased :p

[quote name='opportunity777']The Bleach game is awesome my friend has it :)

Then again I love the anime and manga, so I'm biased :p[/QUOTE]

i have bleach. it's rather short (with a max of 6 characters) but there is a GREAT arkanoid clone called blockon in it. you can either unlock it, or download a 100% complete gamesave and play away!
the game itself plays like a button masher, so some people won't like it.
myself...i love it.

also...HORRID load time plaugue it......

Yeah, I've heard Tenchu is pretty good, especially the mission editor. Hope it gets a NA release.

jeug

Intelligent License

Heard good things about Taiko no Tatsujin Portable, too. I think I might order it here soon.

I'd suggest Bleach: Heat the Soul 2 over Bleach 1. HtS2 has everything the first one has but with 12 characters in it as opposed to the 6 in the first. It doesn't have the most complex fighting system, but it's still a pretty fun fighting game on the PSP, and the graphics look AMAZING.

[quote name='karsh']I'd suggest Bleach: Heat the Soul 2 over Bleach 1. HtS2 has everything the first one has but with 12 characters in it as opposed to the 6 in the first. It doesn't have the most complex fighting system, but it's still a pretty fun fighting game on the PSP, and the graphics look AMAZING.[/QUOTE]

Is it all in Japanese or is there an option to make it english?

[quote name='whoknows']Is it all in Japanese or is there an option to make it english?[/QUOTE]

It's in like a strange Engrish. Sometimes there's English words for things, like some of the menu options and some of the voices, especially the prematch stuff, is in English. However, other menu items and mostly all the other voice work, is in Japanese. However, it's rather easy to make your way through everything, as it is very intuitive.

since Mega man legends 1 is on PSP over in Japan, do you think they'll bring over here???????(I like the Legends games, don't know why people dont like them)

[quote name='humidore']Winning Eleven 9 got good reviews from Famitsu, and is supposed to play like a dream (and look very similar to the PS2 version as well). I dunno if you're into football though...

From the-magicbox.com (Famitsu score): World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 Ubiquitous Edition (Konami) - 9, 9, 9, 9 - (36/40)
http://www.the-magicbox.com/game20050907.shtml[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm probably going to pick that up if I get the chance.
I'm wondering how much Japanese there is going to be...

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, I'm probably going to pick that up if I get the chance.
I'm wondering how much Japanese there is going to be...[/QUOTE]

TONS of Katakana of course (foreign players/teams)! It'll be damn good practise I suppose (time to hit the books...err PSP!). Figuring out what the stats are can be eased with a FAQ I'm sure, or just go by what they have in WE8 and guess on the new ones. I have no idea how it might work, but there is such a huge international fan base for WE/PES, that I'm sure somehow a translated patch will be released online. If not, a translated Option file.

I don't think you'll be too picky about correct rosters/uniforms though, so you can bypass most the menus and enjoy the best part of the game: the gameplay!

I check this site for WE news, but there's plenty others: http://www.pesinsight.com/news.php#fus_257

I don't like sports games but I am interested in Winning Eleven. It seems like an excellent series, each game better than the last with superb graphics and controls.

[quote name='Quackzilla']I don't like sports games but I am interested in Winning Eleven. It seems like an excellent series, each game better than the last with superb graphics and controls.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I never was into another sports game like I am into WE. Maybe NHL 95 on Genesis, but that was only for 2-player with my brother. With WE, I play it consistently throughout the year, almost once a day, and I still celebrate every goal like it just won me the World Cup...Just something about the series.

Anybody play the Taiko Drum Master game (I know it's not Taiko Drum Master in Japanese... I think it's Taiko No Tatsujin or something like that)? I've been thinking about importing it, but the price is a bit steep. I have the PS2 version right now. Is it worth the price? I'm a big beat game fan, by the way.

bread's done
Back