any lawyers here?

EddieBelfour

CAGiversary!
i am not in trouble with johnny law or on the lamb. me and my special lady friend are looking to make a move when she gets her b.a. she is not stopping there however. her goal is to be a civil rights attorney. anyhow, i was wondering if anyone was a lawyer- or knows one or is married to one or is schtooping one- and where you/they went to law school. she wants to go out of state (NY)-

[quote name='Graystone']I am not lawyer but I did stay at a holiday inn last night

Okay I am sorry for repeating that dumb commerical.[/quote]

ha. thats so not funny. ok well it is. but it doesnt help me much. :D

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']I'm a horse if that helps at all[/quote]

A lawyer horse?[/quote]

I've been known to dabble in law from time to time.

Cheapy's Wife is a lawyer. Wait until Cheapy comes to the thread, he can answer your questions. Or she can. Whatever. I'm out.

If you need a lawyer, check with your local Bar Associtation. Every county should have one.

Usually they have a lawyer referal service and there is a flat fee of $25 for the first half hour. This is definately YMMV ...

Keep in mind that you can complain if the lawyer that match you up with doesn't work out.

Also as a rule of thumb, you want to avoid lawyers that advertise on Television. Usually, those lawyers are not very good.

Hope this helps

EDIT: Opps...I misread the first post. For some reason, I thought you were looking for a lawyer..Sorry, my bad.

Two of my second cousins are lawyers. One lives in California. I think he went to college in San Francisco. The other works with her father who is a judge. She went to school in Louisana.

[quote name='StealthySeal']i think mrs. cheapy D is a lawyer....[/quote]
Yup, and so are an unbelieveable percentage of our friends.

I couldn't gather from your OP how I could help you though.

One of my ex's was a lawyer. My uncle was head of the Yale law review, one cousin is also a lawyer, his wife is a lawyer... both of them went to Yale too.

The ex went to the University of Pittsburgh.

I have other cousins that have "could never survive with a real job Doctorates" and degrees from Princeton. You should hear our family political discussions. You know... it's hard to be one of the less educated in my family, I just have a B.A., and still be the smartest.

i guess the point to the post is to see how the decision was made to choose a school. this isnt something to be taken lightly. i maybe need to have my girl clarify why she wanted me to post this. but i guess the point is how the school of choice was chosen and how the pluses and minues were factors.

bread's done
Back