Any news on the next backwards compatiblity update?

Chris in Cali

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (88%)
I've been wanting to play The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Silent Hill 2, Deus Ex: Invisble War, Shenmue II, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Beyond Good & Evil since I sold my Xbox for the 360 last year. I haven't heard shit since the last lame update. Are they still working on it, or did they just figure now is the time they can cut and run?

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I've been wanting to play The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Silent Hill 2, Deus Ex: Invisble War, Shenmue II, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Beyond Good & Evil since I sold my Xbox for the 360 last year. I haven't heard shit since the last lame update. Are they still working on it, or did they just figure now is the time they can cut and run?[/QUOTE]

Probably... damn, I'd love to have Morrowind and Conker be B/C.

I would imagine that, since there is going to be a huge November for the 360 and a great early quarter next year, that maybe between December and January or February we could hear something. There hasn't really been any official news for this subject, but I would like to believe they are still working on it.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I would imagine that, since there is going to be a huge November for the 360 and a great early quarter next year, that maybe between December and January or February we could hear something. There hasn't really been any official news for this subject, but I would like to believe they are still working on it.[/QUOTE]

They should at least get all of their own games backwards compatible... I'm still amazed MS hasn't even done that.

I wanna get the original Buffy! I think Chaos Bleeds is BC, not the original:(

I had the original for Xbox..but got rid of it when I got rid of my xbox :(

That was an awesome game...

Also, I'd still love to play these games... Enclave, Buffy, Pirates: Legend of the Black Cat, Otogi, and THUG 2(I know it's on there, but it's unplayable).

Microsoft has officially committed itself to making its top sellers backward compatible. Here's a list I put together for a post at 360Arcadians of all the games that sold over one million copies for the original Xbox. The games in red are not yet backward compatible.
Halo 2 (7.75 million)
Halo: Combat Evolved (6.61 million)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (3 million)
Fable (2.39 million)
Grand Theft Auto: Double Pack (2.26 million)
Project Gotham Racing (2.14 million)
Need for Speed: Underground 2 (2.05 million)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (1.95 million)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (1.70 million)
Need for Speed: Underground (1.64 million)
Star Wars: Battlefront (1.59 million)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 (1.58 million)
Project Gotham Racing 2 (1.56 million)
Dead or Alive 3 (1.54 million)
Madden NFL 2005 (1.45 million)
Madden NFL 2006 (1.44 million)
ESPN NFL 2K5 (1.41 million)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (1.41 million)
Medal of Honor: Frontline (1.40 million)
Star Wars: Battlefront II (1.36 million)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (1.35 million)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 (1.29 million)
Spider-Man: The Movie (1.26 million)
True Crime: Streets of LA (1.24 million)
Enter the Matrix (1.21 million)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (1.20 million)
Tony Hawk's Underground (1.17 million)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (1.13 million)
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (1.11 million)
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (1.10 million)
Max Payne (1.09 million)
Call of Duty: Finest Hour (1.07 million)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (1.07 million)
Spider-Man 2(1.05 million)
Forza Motorsport (1.01 million)
I would hope that ESPN NFL 2K5 is the first in line to become backward compatible.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I've been wanting to play The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Silent Hill 2, Deus Ex: Invisble War, Shenmue II, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Beyond Good & Evil[/quote]You should post your picture of the games in this thread so we really know what you're talking about. ;)

[quote name='AlienLX']Glad I kept my Xbox.. I had a feeling they would leave a bunch of games out in the cold like this.[/QUOTE]

I am too [I still have both of mine] , the save thing still bothers me though .
I shouldn't have to start all my games over , especially Forza and PGR2 [if they ever make it B/C ]

You would think Microsoft would have a large BC update just for some PR a few weeks prior to the new console launches. I just trade for Psychonauts, Otogi, and Otogi 2 in hopes they become BC...

[quote name='getmyrunon']Psychonauts... I want to see what all the hype is about![/QUOTE]

yep. Same here. I'd also like to see a few other games I never got around to trying out:

Psychonauts
Destroy All Humans
Mercenaries
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Conker
Advent Rising

Those are still some big titles, hopefully MS doesn't thow in the towel yet.

bread's done
Back