Any of you guys furniture experts? I need to modernize my room

NamelessMC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Okay, I'm moving back to San Diego next week. I got my transfer, and I have some money to play with. Here's the thing, my furniture really really needs some improvement. My bed sucks, it's not comfortable at all. It's a cheap Wal-mart futon that cost like $90. Three "fun" nights with my girlfriend and the thing is falling apart. It's the furniture equivalent of Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon.

I need a new bed, but I don't want to spend a terrible amount of money. What I was thinking was, to get a decent mattress but buy a used wooden futon frame. I know a full size bed is ideal, but my room is doubling as a personal home-theater (I have room-mates), a studial and my resting area.

What I need is a good deal on a Futon Mattress and possibly a deal on a futon frame. A combo would be nice but it has to of course be money valuable. These deals have to be B&M because I know no matter how good a deal is online, not only will I not get to see and test out the product but shipping will totally ruin the "deal" aspect.

Does anyone have some coupons and deals I can use to get pillows, comforters and the like?
I work at Best Buy so I'm going to get a deal on a TV stand and speaker stands. I'm going to sell my 22" computer monitor and use my 32" LCD TV as a computer monitor to save space.

moving back to SD? nice. i've lived here almost two years now and love it. i just bought a nice futon on craigslist for $100, even has fold out arms to set stuff on which is pretty unique. not sure how comfortable it would be to sleep on though, the cushion's thin. I would go craigslist for the frame and maybe buy a nice new futon mattress somewhere like target for about $100. if you can fit a bed though, i know sleep train mattress center is the place to go for a quality brand name bed at a cheap price. space is probably a premium like my 416 sq.ft. place, so a futon combo looks about $200-$300, with a quality mattress to sleep on.

Do you have access to an Ikea? Good looking stuff, and their prices are very reasonable.

You'll be able to get anything you need for an apartment there.

[quote name='bmachine']Do you have access to an Ikea? Good looking stuff, and their prices are very reasonable.

You'll be able to get anything you need for an apartment there.[/quote]

I really REALLY can't stand Ikea furniture. Their desks have almost 0% functionality, their color ensemble is something from Dr. Seuss. Most of their furniture looks like something from an Apple commercial, but is practically useless.

My ex girlfriend took me to Ikea to help her furnish her new apartment. I wanted to puke. The way the store is designed is like some Fun House from a carnival.

I tried to jump on some bean bag thing, turns out it was inflated. I did a forward flip and my legs kicked and knocked over some book shelf thing that tipped over and shattered like it was some action movie prop.

[quote name='NamelessMC']I really REALLY can't stand Ikea furniture. Their desks have almost 0% functionality, their color ensemble is something from Dr. Seuss. Most of their furniture looks like something from an Apple commercial, but is practically useless.

My ex girlfriend took me to Ikea to help her furnish her new apartment. I wanted to puke. The way the store is designed is like some Fun House from a carnival.

I tried to jump on some bean bag thing, turns out it was inflated. I did a forward flip and my legs kicked and knocked over some book shelf thing that tipped over and shattered like it was some action movie prop.[/quote]

So you dislike Ikea because one of their bean bags kicked your ass?

$2.95 for shipping at 0verstock isn't going to break your bank. You won't get to try before you buy, but they carry a nice selection of modern looking futons that double as sleek sofas. Coupons with various savings can be found easily, and it's even better when they run free or $1 shipping promos.

bed, bath and beyond always has coupons for 20% off a single item. they should have these in stores (i normally get mine in the mail and have never bothered to look for them in the store).

i actually work for a company called csnstores.com. they only sell furniture online, but shipping is free. you cant try anything out, but if you see something in a store, they generally sell it cheaper online.

they also have a ton of futons

Try Ashley Furniture, they ahve several throughout the county. They have the futon type beds for aroudn $170.00 which are nice. They are called "Clik-Clak" beds or something like that. I know the San marcos(North county) sometimes has them for about $120.00 or so.

Another end of college season is upon us, I am always a little surprised by how nice and unused some of the stuff than simply gets tossed is. Not all is stained, broken crap. Could be worth checking out.

bread's done
Back