any old PC stuff worth anything?

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
So I am doing some spring cleaning, and I came across some of my old post 386 PCs. I broke them all down, and I wondering if any of this stuff is worth anything to anyone. I was just going to throw it all out, after really looking at things....I can't imagine any of it being of any value. But does anyone have an idea about any of this? Anything from processors, video cards, to old OS or driver software? This is all junk, right?

lol... i wouldn't need that, nor wouldn't anyone else... I take that back. There many be a really small niche market for old parts...

I'd take a pic of what you were going to throw away and post on craigslist asking for best offer and see what you get.

I traded an old gateway computer with windows ME on it and someone gave me a wireless mouse that retailed 60 bucks on amazon and best buy for it. I posted on craigslist for best offer cash or trade and got a offer for a dog, 10 dollars, and season 5 saved by the bell on dvd which I think was a joke because this was one of the first replies I got and I responded it it and he never got back to me.

It wouldn't hurt to check the values on ebay first (especially the RAM sticks if you know the exact specs), sometimes there's a component or two that's worth the effort to sell.

For the rest of the stuff, see if anyone on craisglist wants it.

Last year when I went to a recycling event at Best Buy, they were giving out gift cards to anyone who brought in their old electronics to be recycled. Pretty nice surprise considering I was just trying to get rid of my CRT monitor.

[quote name='JLukas']It wouldn't hurt to check the values on ebay first (especially the RAM sticks if you know the exact specs), sometimes there's a component or two that's worth the effort to sell.

For the rest of the stuff, see if anyone on craisglist wants it.[/QUOTE]
Do this. And if nobody shows any interest, recycle it somewhere. Just don't throw it all out because we really don't need more of this junk in our dumps.

I totally understand the need and importance to recycle...and consequently to not fill up landfills with electronics....but are we serious that there is a need/want for Pentium II chips, dial-up modem cards, and vga video cards. Really?

bread's done
Back