Any Online Store Selling Confirmed Falcon Units?

LUCI5R

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Ave,

Looking for an Online Store selling a Falcon XbOX 360 ... doesn't matter if it's pro or elite. Anyone knows of a store?

I know NewEgg was selling Falcon Elite's around the Holiday Bundle - not anymore.

Thanks!

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']They break just as frequently.[/quote]

They might - the percentage is still a bit less though. And 'breaking' is not the only factor. It does have a faster, less-power consuming 65nm processor, alongwith better heatsink, and a less-power consuming 175 power brick.

The total picture is better.

Most importantly, why *not* pay same amount of money for something that is better, even if slightly?

All you have to do is go to a B&M store and look at the information label (lot #, team label) on the side of the box and look at the power information. If the label says 175W, then the console is a Falcon console. If the label says 203W, then there is only a slim chance it may be a Falcon. Better just finding a 175W because those are definitely Falcons. My local Best Buy this week a checked a couple labels and most were Falcons.

B&M is the best place to make sure you are going to get one. I wouldn't chance it online if you really want a Falcon.

[quote name='DomLando']B&M is the best place to make sure you are going to get one. I wouldn't chance it online if you really want a Falcon.[/quote]

That my friend, I know, is the key! I don't really want to chance it online because I really want a Falcon. And yes, I know the identifiers.

But here's the thing - Call me Cheap (No pun intended!) - but i'm trying to save $27. That's tax money. If I buy in store - I pay tax on the $349. If I buy online - I save those $30. Thats' really it.

You're right in every way - the only thing is - I'll look for a while - It's happened before. Like Buy.Com & NewEgg.Com were selling Confirmed Falcon/BenQ's for a while until they ran out of stock. No one I know is for now.
If I can spot a Confirmed Falcon - I'll get it. If not, then I'll have to go in-store. Local Toys R Us has Falcon Premiums in store here, so I don't have to go far. But I definately want to give it a shot online first if I can.

Thanks!

If you are not in a rush you can always wait for a B&M store to have some sort of deal to compensate for the tax you would save online. :)

[quote name='DomLando']If you are not in a rush you can always wait for a B&M store to have some sort of deal to compensate for the tax you would save online. :)[/quote]

That actually is one thing that is on my side! You're 100% on the dot again. I'm definately in no rush - I can wait - and I'm keeping my eye out on all local stores here which have a Falcon Premium in stock. Spotting for deals that may save me that tax money - and also assure picking up a Falcon in hand.

Actually, I heard something about 60GB HDD's coming out end of march for the next stock of premium 360's - same price ($349). They are replacing the 20GB HD with 60GB standard. I might just wait for that. But again, if I spot a deal/falcon - I won't! I'll but it!

Thanks!

Pretty much all of the in-store stock at a lot of big box retailers (Best Buy, Circuit City, Toys R Us, etc) are Falcons now. I'd say you'd have a pretty good chance of getting one if you bought from their online. Wait a few more months and you are probably guaranteed one.

My experience: out of the 9 systems at my local Best Buy, 7 were Falcons.

bread's done
Back