Any place to buy games online?

Darrenmrules

CAG Veteran
I've searching and searching to no avail for a Canadian online store that sells video games and accepts payment via PayPal. When I do find a store that seems promising, the prices are totally out of whack, like $70+ for a single game that you would find elsewhere for

Amazon.ca?

Edit: What games are you looking for? I'm selling a ton of games on amazon right now.

EDIT EDIT: I guess amazon.ca doesnt take paypal. Let me know some games you are looking for I may be able to hook you up.

magiic - I'm looking more for really recent stuff/pre-orders for games coming out in a week or so.

As for stuff that's already out, I think all I'm looking for is:
Hotel Dusk
Hoshigami Remix (which Aksys never bothered shipping to Canada, it seems...)
.hack//GU - Vol.2
Atelier Iris 2 & 3

Firestorm - I do a lot of buying/trading on GameTZ, which is pretty much the same thing. I found Videogamesplus earlier, and went to place an order, but they were trying to charge $25 in shipping for 3 games :whistle2:/

where are you located. when I bought from video games plus dot ca, shipping was $3 CAD. I thought that was pretty reasonable. I am in NS.

Did you make sure to choose regular post?

[quote name='Darrenmrules']magiic - I'm looking more for really recent stuff/pre-orders for games coming out in a week or so.

As for stuff that's already out, I think all I'm looking for is:
Hotel Dusk
Hoshigami Remix (which Aksys never bothered shipping to Canada, it seems...)
.hack//GU - Vol.2
Atelier Iris 2 & 3

Firestorm - I do a lot of buying/trading on GameTZ, which is pretty much the same thing. I found Videogamesplus earlier, and went to place an order, but they were trying to charge $25 in shipping for 3 games :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

While I haven't been looking for it, I did see Hoshigami Remix at a store yesterday. They're out there, I guess you just have to hunt for them.

snowsquirrel - I'm in Alberta. I don't remember it offering any other shipping options aside form the $25 one, but I'll double-check. edit: Ah. My original order was 0.5 lbs (included Persona 3), and that's where the shipping hits the insanity mark. Just ordering 1 or 2 games leaves shipping between $3-$6. (They are pretty expensive though...)

JGonspy - I can't seem to find it anywhere...I still have to cancel my pre-order at EBGames, but I don't know if that's gonna work out very well, seeing as it's no longer in their system. They didn't receive any shipments, at least not out here.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Can't you just use the Paypal virtual credit card?[/QUOTE]
Those don't work with Canadian accounts AFAIK. At the very least I've never heard of another Canadian being able to see the option in their account.

[quote name='Darrenmrules']JGonspy - I can't seem to find it anywhere...I still have to cancel my pre-order at EBGames, but I don't know if that's gonna work out very well, seeing as it's no longer in their system. They didn't receive any shipments, at least not out here.[/QUOTE]

EB games in Lethbridge received a few copies. That's where I got mine from.

Amankhan - Wow, really? I think Lethbridge is only 45 mins away, but I'm just guessing. When I talked to a clerk at the store I pre-ordered it from, she couldn't find the game and couldn't find my account either - the manager (who handled my pre-order a few months ago, and decided to pre-order it himself) said that nobody in Alberta had recieved it, but I guess I was just getting excuses -_-.

I'm in BC and I haven't seen Hoshigami Remix anywhere. When I went down to the States like 2 weeks ago I went into 1 EB (Bellis Fair) and saw it just sitting on the shelves. I didn't pick it up because I figured it just hit stores and I could grab it back in Canada. Wrong, it was out for a while and nowhere here :(

I haven't seen Riviera anywhere either...

[quote name='ragnar14']I'm in BC and I haven't seen Hoshigami Remix anywhere. When I went down to the States like 2 weeks ago I went into 1 EB (Bellis Fair) and saw it just sitting on the shelves. I didn't pick it up because I figured it just hit stores and I could grab it back in Canada. Wrong, it was out for a while and nowhere here :(

I haven't seen Riviera anywhere either...[/QUOTE]

I just got back from Japan (with numerous stops in the US), and I was really tempted to pick up Hoshigami Remix every time I saw it - both in the US AND Japan, where some stores had imported English copies - but decided I should hold off, just in case EB Games happened to get it in while I was gone (because of my fully paid pre-order).

I did get Riviera when I stopped in LA though, I'm not sure if I've seen it around here or not...haven't really been looking.

[quote name='ragnar14']I'm in BC and I haven't seen Hoshigami Remix anywhere. When I went down to the States like 2 weeks ago I went into 1 EB (Bellis Fair) and saw it just sitting on the shelves. I didn't pick it up because I figured it just hit stores and I could grab it back in Canada. Wrong, it was out for a while and nowhere here :(

I haven't seen Riviera anywhere either...[/quote]

Good luck with Riviera. I remember my friend looking for that... I think he eventually bought it game pak only when we were in Portland on a school trip. And this was March 2006 =/

Yeah I was, I already snagged the GBA version back when the second print was released :D I can still get the PSP one easily online. It's just a sad commentary when a good game comes out and you don't even see it in stores. If I didn't frequent gaming sites how would I even know the game exists?

bread's done
Back