Any PS3 deals coming up?

Cow_tipper

CAGiversary!
Now that the ads aren't being posted early by speedy anymore, it's hard to plan ahead for console purchases. I have a ton of best buy gift cards (around $325) and I've been looking to buy a 60GB PS3 before the free blu-ray deal expires at the end of September and before my reward zone certificates expire in early October. Does anyone know if there is going to be a deal at any of the major retailers next week on a PS3 that I could pricematch at BB, like a free game or controller, or maybe a discount? Or does anyone know of a coupon that could save some money?

[quote name='Sulik2']You may want to wait until Tokyo Game Show to see if they announce a new price point or a rumble controller.[/quote]

yep

[quote name='Sulik2']You may want to wait until Tokyo Game Show to see if they announce a new price point or a rumble controller.[/QUOTE]
...unless you actually want backwards compatibility. If so, buy the 60gb one NOW. For me, having full BC is worth FAR more than any crappy throw in. A rumble Sixaxis will be announced this week, but it's not like it's making it to market in the time frame he stated. It might be out by the end of the year, but certainly not within a month.

I also recommend you pick up the 60 G, just wait and see what happens this sunday or the next one if you can, seems like the ads should be available a day or two before, or at least on the sunday. Right now though I would say wait a week or two, as there aren't that great of deals this week and I think (at least here in Charlotte), the BBs have plenty of 60G left. Also, I would def. go for the 60 and not the 80 also for the BC reason.

Wouldn't a rumble controller work on any PS3? I can't imagine a brand new PS3 line solely for force feedback. So you could always buy the 60 GB now and the controller separate when, or if, it comes out.

Amazon is running a deal where you get 2 free blu-ray dvd's with the purchase of a ps3 system (no tax in most states and free, albeit slow, shipping). You also get 5 free blu-ray dvd's straight from Sony. They had a deal for 3 free blu-ray dvd's (plus the additional 5 from Sony) a week or two ago as well.

[quote name='mietha']...unless you actually want backwards compatibility. If so, buy the 60gb one NOW. For me, having full BC is worth FAR more than any crappy throw in. A rumble Sixaxis will be announced this week, but it's not like it's making it to market in the time frame he stated. It might be out by the end of the year, but certainly not within a month.[/quote]

Backwards compatibility isn't a big issue for me because I don't plan on getting rid of my PS2, but it would be nice, and I could just buy a rumble sixaxis later, once they come out. I don't think they'll be coming out soon. I'll wait until after TGS though, just in case they announce something sudden.

Does anyone know of any coupons for BB? Also, if the price drops or there is some freebie offer a week or two after I buy the PS3, would there be any way for me to get in on that offer? I sort of want the blu-ray movies, but I'd rather have a free game or controller. That's why it would be nice if the ads were still posted ahead of time.

bread's done
Back