Any short DS RPGs out there? (They don't necessarily have to be good ones...)

DarkSageRK

Banned
I'd like some suggestions on what DS RPGs are out there that can be finished in a fairly short time frame (less than 10 hours). You know, the kind that a person can finish in one weekend and not feel too guilty about it. I've looked at review sites/gamefaqs threads/the "how long does it take to beat this game" thread/etc, but I can't find anything (everything's 20-40 hours long...), but I figured you guys might know of some.

So... any ideas? :X

The World Ends With You. Can beat it in a weekend, but all the extras will keep you busy for a long time afterwards. Also happens to be the best RPG on the system.

Dave

[quote name='Deona']I haven't played it but I heard Rhapsody, A Musical Adventure is a pretty short RPG.[/QUOTE]

If the gameplay didn't move so slow, you can count it as a "short" rpg, but because of the really old school rpg gameplay style, it just takes too long to really get far into the game. Fun, but just too much time wasted during battle sequences.

Hmm, Orcs & Elves was fairly short (7 hours). Plus, it's really fun. Retro Game Challenge technically includes a short RPG.

[quote name='Squarehard']If the gameplay didn't move so slow, you can count it as a "short" rpg, but because of the really old school rpg gameplay style, it just takes too long to really get far into the game. Fun, but just too much time wasted during battle sequences.[/QUOTE]
Are you talking about the PSone version or the DS version? They completely redid the battle system for the DS version and it's a lot more streamlined.

Puzzle Quest is a lot of fun. It's a Puzzle/RPG hybrid that combines the two elements fantastically. Can probably beat it in less than 10 hours.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Are you talking about the PSone version or the DS version? They completely redid the battle system for the DS version and it's a lot more streamlined.[/QUOTE]

The battles are definitely faster and easier than they were on the PS1... hell, the battles rarely last more than 15 seconds.

bread's done
Back