Any soccer CAGs out there? ( FIFA 08 )

bkforyou

CAGiversary!
I just wanted to know if there's any CAGs who love soccer and enjoys playing FIFA 08 online.

If there's anyone who plays FIFA 08, then post in this thread and maybe we can get some games going. Possibly, if we get a lot of players, maybe we can start a tournament of our own since FIFA 08 comes with that feature.

Looking forward to it!

bk

I guess you can call me a soccer aka futebol fanboy :cool:

I have FIFA08 but not sure how good I'll be for regular play. I'm in a league now and am suffering from the least games played lol. COD4 and Forza 2 kind of own me right now on top of my movie watching. :D

I'm having fun with FIFA 08. Got it from GameFly last week, if it continues to grow on me I might keep it. Since it is the only game with my favorite (and weak to this game's standard) team, the Chicago Fire.

[quote name='fart_bubble']love soccer but not a fan of FIFA[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Fuzi0n']I'm waiting for PES 2008, taking for farking ever. If only I had a PS3 I could play the euro version.[/QUOTE]

I used to be only Winning Eleven fan. Started playing since Winning Eleven 8 and played through 9 and the pro evo 2007. However, after I tried Fifa 08, i was blown away by realism of the gameplay. A huge improvement from 07 compared to Winning Eleven which seems to be very similar.

Anyone who's a soccer fan or a Winning Eleven fan should try Fifa 08.

[quote name='eliter1']i love FIFA 08, we should get a CAG league or tournament going on:D[/QUOTE]

We definitely should. Hopefully we can get some people. Any ideas?

you waited so long. I just dominate this game now. I have played to long and no about every good angle to shoot the ball now. Playing as Nigeria Im unstopable, imagine me with Barcelona.

I'm a big fan of FIFA 08 but with COD4 i'm hard pressed to find time to play it. Usually play as St. Ettiene (french league team) would be interested though in playing in a league even though I doubt my skill level would be as good as most.

[quote name='jughead']I'm a PES man, sorry. I would if FIFA was 29.99 every year like it should be. I just prefer the gameplay in PES.[/QUOTE]

QFT.
FIFA has the edge (actually more than an edge) when it comes to presentation - graphics and licenses. But, PES wins hands down in the game play department. And PES' Master League mode is absolutely fantastic.

I play FIFA on my PS3, so if anyone plays on that instead of 360 hit me up. Napoli is my team and while I suck horribly, I have a lot of fun.

[quote name='blackjaw']I play FIFA on my PS3, so if anyone plays on that instead of 360 hit me up. Napoli is my team and while I suck horribly, I have a lot of fun.[/quote]

any reason in particular u play as Napoli? When I was stationed there 03-05 they really sucked.

[quote name='DCriminal']QFT.
FIFA has the edge (actually more than an edge) when it comes to presentation - graphics and licenses. But, PES wins hands down in the game play department. And PES' Master League mode is absolutely fantastic.[/quote]

I haven't played the retail PES but the Live Market place demo sucks. I hope the retail version is nothing like it or maybe its just me and i'm to used to FIFA already

[quote name='homeland']any reason in particular u play as Napoli? When I was stationed there 03-05 they really sucked.[/QUOTE]

I lived there for 4 years in the early 90's and fell in love with going to the stadium to see them play. All of my Italian buddies were fanatics of course and I guess it rubbed off on me and has stuck with me since. We use to play out in dirt lots and had nicknames based on the positions we played (Maradona, Fonseca, etc).

I've always played as either Italy or SSC Napoli since my early FIFA genesis days and recently started to follow them again now that they are back in Series A. Hopefully they can make a return to the glory of their late 80's/early 90's but it looks to be a rebuilding year.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']MARADONA, thats why. Napoli is the shit. AND NAPOLI IS BACK.[/QUOTE]

I met him back in his fat, post-heroin days....he gives off an unbelievable energy...even when he was fat, bad-talking Italian football, and doping!

We aren't doing that bad this season...first season back in Series A, so next year should be killer.

NAPOLI FTW!

[quote name='eliter1']I haven't played the retail PES but the Live Market place demo sucks. I hope the retail version is nothing like it or maybe its just me and i'm to used to FIFA already[/QUOTE]

I will admit that I haven't tried the demo (its at least a couple of months old), nor have I tried FIFA08. In the past, I have played both, and I found FIFA to be a bit to "arcade-y" in the game play department (at least for my tastes). I have heard that FIFA08 made a lot of game play tweaks this year, so I am going to give it a shot this year.

Even if I end up wanting to got with FIFA, I am going to miss Master League. However, I will enjoy finally playing as Liverpool and not "Merseyside Red."

bread's done
Back