Any suggestions for PS Vita games to purchase?

borgtactics

CAG Veteran
I hope this is the right place to pose this question, if it isn't, feel free to move or delete this thread.

I received a Vita for a birthday present a little over a week ago and haven't opened it yet. Am still waiting to buy a 32GB memory card before opening/playing it. I'm thinking probably from Costco as it seems the least expensive place to buy one in Canada.

Anyway, CAG folk, do you have any suggestions for games to buy? Gravity Daze looks cool, but outside of that, I'm sort of at a loss. :(

Thanks,
borgtactics

Borgtactics,
I would definitely recommend Uncharted: Golden Abyss if you're into single player games with good stories. It's the first game that I purchased for the system, and it is very well worth it. It has a superb story, great graphics, and is very affordable at about $35 on eBay.

Congratz. You pretty much require a 32 gig card. No handheld (or console) has had as great a run as Vita has in 4 months.

- Uncharted

- WipeOut 2048

- Virtua Tennis 4

- Hot Shots Golf

- MLB The Show 12

- BlazeBlue Contiuum Shift EXT

- Mortal Kombat

- Marvel vs Capcom 3

(the 3 best fighters to ever appear on a hand held gaming platform, in the history of gaming)

- Touch My Katamari

- Lumines

- Rayman Origins

- Fifa

- F1 2011

Downloads:

- Super Star Dust Delts

- Escape Plan

- Tales from Space Mutant Blobs Attack

- Pinball Arcade

- MotorStorm RC

- Sumioni: Demon Arts (totally over-priced, should be ~$5, not $20)

Plus all the awesome PSP games, that look and/or play better on Vita. Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Edition on Vita's screen is a sight to behold. I can't think of any time I've seen better pixel graphics.

I only grabbed a 8GB card and I'm doing fine with it so far. I'm buying cartridges for all my retail games though.

My recommendations for games are:
Uncharted - Sweet game though the touch controls are a bit forced down your throat. Finished on hard and now doing crushing to finish my trophies

Motorstorm RC + DLC - Very addictive, I loved it so much plus the game was free so I opted to give them money with DLC

Tales from Space Mutant Blobs Attack - A good pick up and go platformer for those quick play sessions

Super Star Dust Delta - Good arcade game with lots of challenging and fun modes, if you've played the PS3 one you know what you are getting into

That's all i've got for now, but waiting for hot shots to ship and I've heard good things from it. Also Rayman is supposed to be amazing, that will be my next purchase.

It's not exactly a Vita exclusive, but the psp mini Velocity that came out recently is a lot of fun and looks/plays extremely well on the vita. It's sort of a 2d scrolling shooter puzzle hybrid, very unique and addictive.

Thank you, all!

I ended up buying Uncharted, HSG, and WipeOut using a buy 2 get 1 free deal at Future Shop.

Also preordered and bought Gravity Rush from EBgames.

I've been playing some of the demos available and have enjoyed Unit 13 (wasn't expecting to as I wasn't a SOCOM fan and don't enjoy CoD). I am thinking of returning either WipeOut or HSG for Unit 13. Is the full version of Unit 13 any good?

Also tried the demo for Super Stardust: Delta and found it to be very fun but couldn't for the life of me beat the demo level/planet. Is it impossible to beat the demo? Is it just really hard? Or do I flatout suck at this game? LOL, just don't wanna spend 10 or 15 dollars on a game whose first level I can't even beat.

Not sure about Unit 13 as I didn't enjoy the demo. But I'm really liking HSG. So I guess it depends on whether you want a third person shooter, a golf game, or a racing game. Take your pick of the type of game you like.

As for SS:D, it is one of those games that if you haven't played it much, you are gonna suck. It takes quite a few plays to get used to enemy behaviour, shooting tactics, and quick reflexes to get away. Kinda like geometry wars. I bought it and I don't play it religiously, but it's a good game to veg out and kill some time.

Keep WipEout, specially if you have WipEout HD on PS3.

It`s the definitive WipeOut experiance now, the amount of conent after the recently released packs (which are free if you already own HD) is insane. 3 full single player campaigns, a seperate on-line campaign, cross platform multiplayer with PS3, and cross platform leaderboards. It`s almost like 3 games in one.

Unit 13 I`ve only played the demo as well. Seems like a really good game if you`re gonna compete on the leaderboards, and something that would be great to play for 10-20 minutes at a time.

[quote name='Lockescythe']I just got my vita and I can't find any game deals now lol.[/QUOTE]

Lumines, Rayman, and Dungeon Hunter will be on sale at Futureshop next week for $20. :)

I have heard very bad things about Ridge Racer.

I would completely agree with Uncharted. Game is solid, not quite as good as the console versions, but still very high production quality and a great game experience.

Can't go wrong with Motorstorm RC, it is free, but it is very hard. I did manage the platinum plus the DLC, but it will challenge you.

Working on Rayman Origins right now, great game. Also have Hot Shots on the go, and it is a great continuation of that series, but again a very time consuming and challenging platinum.

No one has mentioned Gravity Rush yet. A great new IP, not very hard but a great gaming experience, and I would highly recommend it.

Only other one I would throw out there is Little Deviants. Brutally difficult platinum, but a lot of cool little games, and quite cheap.

I haven't had a chance to play a lot of Vita games, but I hated this one. I pushed through to the end out of some weird sense of duty, but I enjoyed very little of the experience and got rid of it immediately afterward.

[quote name='diskdocx']Only other one I would throw out there is Little Deviants. Brutally difficult platinum, but a lot of cool little games, and quite cheap.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back