Any System Of a Down Fans?

veedubkid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Serj Tankian has a new CD coming out 10/23/07
I was at Best Buy today and I bought his CD single "Empty Walls" from the forthcoming album "Elect the Dead" it also came with a 2 dollar coupon for the full album technically making the 1.99 CD single free. Just a heads up if you didn't know.

I liked Toxicity but 45 minutes of them is about all I need for a lifetime. Mezmerize and Hypnotize were OK but they felt like retreads.

Agreed, only a few songs on the double album did anything for me. Toxicity was much better.

Glad it's Serj that is out first. He really was the singer, I think that's why I wasn't as much into the double album as the other guy was singing too much for my taste. Just do backup.

[quote name='SithFran']Glad it's Serj that is out first. He really was the singer, I think that's why I wasn't as much into the double album as the other guy was singing too much for my taste. Just do backup.[/quote]

not that i'm a huge fan to begin with, but that was pretty much my feeling on it.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Their albums exhibited a sharp decline in quality.[/QUOTE]

Yes, especially when you played them.

I like the group myself, and I think their first, self-titled album was the best. I would like to see them in concert someday. Judging by this forum, it looks like I am in the minority.

[quote name='wizardofcoz4126']I like the group myself, and I think their first, self-titled album was the best. I would like to see them in concert someday. Judging by this forum, it looks like I am in the minority.[/quote]
I like them, and I agree that their first album was the best. Their new stuff isn't very good.

[quote name='wizardofcoz4126']I like the group myself, and I think their first, self-titled album was the best. I would like to see them in concert someday. Judging by this forum, it looks like I am in the minority.[/quote]

Well I didn't get to see them until Mezmerize (that was the first of the two, right?). And while I wasn't so much into the newer stuff they still delivered a kick ass show for 2 hours straight. No breaks, little talking between songs. It was great.

I was looking forward to seeing them again. Then the second of the double album came out. 'Nuff said.

I think it's strange to dislike only half of Mezmerize/Hypnotize. Although I guess it's possible if your first System experience is Mezmerize.

I was into them before that, just meant that I never got to see them play till later on.

And out of the two mezmerize was better, slightly.

Back to 2001? Most people got into them in 1998/1999.

I enjoyed their self-titled record and Steal This Album.

The others didn't really do it for me, Toxicity is acceptable though.

Daron is my least favorite part of the band as well.

A few years back I was an ultra fan. Nowadays I think they sound flat out silly. Seriously, I heard Daron screaming like a chimpanzee who was being neutered in that one part from BYOB the other day and couldn't stop laughing. I don't know why I ever liked them.

Oh, and the band sucks live. Don't feel you've missed seeing them in concert or anything. I always admired how Serj sung, but live (at least when I saw them) he was atrocious.

I hated both mesmerize and hypnotize at first, but listening to it a lot really grew on me. I love all of their albums now.

But anywho, I am really looking forward to his solo stuff. Even though you all hate Daron, his side project, scars over broadway are is into the studio soon.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']YES! You are the only other person I have EVER heard say that. I still love their frist three CD's, but once Daron started taking over, they started sucking.[/QUOTE] Really? I thought that was pretty much the global consensus. :lol:

And yeah, I remember getting into them back in the fall of '98.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Really? I thought that was pretty much the global consensus. :lol:[/quote]

Same. :whistle2:k

They are one of my favorite bands. I really enjoy pretty much everything they've ever done. It makes me sad that they are "taking a break", I still want to see them in concert some day.

I've liked them for awhile now. I remember getting the first album as a free promo when I worked at Tower Records in 1999. Anyhow, apparently I'm rare because I thought Hypnotize was freaking awesome.

Love Toxicity and Mezmerize. The Self-titled and Steal This Album are fairly good. Haven't listened to Hypnotize yet. May have to check out Serj's solo CD when I get the chance.

bread's done
Back