Any thoughts on a PS3 price drop?

crow3232

CAGiversary!
I got rid of my 360 a few months ago.
Have a bluray but 3 or 4 have not played on it, the latest being Iron Man
I picked up a PS3 game w a $50 I had gotten.
Should i buy a PS3 now or wait to see if there are any deals soon?
I dont need a lot of memory space & I havent played online games.

If you're planning on picking up a PS3 at a B&M, you might consider waiting until the end of November to see if there are any Black Friday deals. Otherwise, v1c70r's right - the 30% Microsoft Live discount on eBay is the way to go.

Judging from Sony's past behavior regarding the PS3 already, I'd say you have a better chance of seeing them clear out the current 80 gb models from retail stores AND the 160 gb Uncharted bundle that's coming out for $500 and come out with two NEW SKU's at $400 and $500.

Your best bet would be to follow the Blockbuster/Gamerush thread and flip a virtual shitton of the games that're worth 100% more than what you can find them for. The Dynasty Warrior Gundam games for PS3 and 360 are still the best ones I've seen, not quite 100% over what you pay, but good flips nonetheless.

The PS3 version gets $33, while 360 version gets $35 each copy(these values MAY have dropped, since it's been 2 weeks since I flipped a copy) and can be bought from Circuit City for $16.96 each copy before taxes.

I made roughly $200 in credit in a little over two or so weeks doing just that.

However, if you don't mind having another credit card lying around, Sony's own SonyStyle card currently has a promo going on that gives you a $150 credit when you make a $299 or higher purchase(PS3 included). That would give you a current 80 gb model for $250 plus tax after the promo credit is applied.

That's the only two ways I can see getting a PS3 for less than the $400 or $500 the current two SKU's(the 160 gb isn't released yet though)are going for.

thanks for the opinions. I already have 2 chase CC & was looking at that Sony thread. might just use 1 of the Chase or other cc i have & earn some pts w those or go thru mypoints & get a giftcard I can use at CC or somewhere.
I do have a Blockbuster close but not sure if i want to chase down trade deals.
Ill think it over tonight & see if i want to wait for some possible deals next month or not

Well, if your closest CC has Dynasty Warriors: Gundam for PS3 or 360 or Alone In The Dark for Wii, they're all great credit building games.

Alone in the Dark for Wii is/was worth $30 per copy @ Blockbuster and was also $16.96 each from CC.

I wouldn't expect a price drop anytime in 2008 with the new skus coming out. To be honest, I'd be surprised to see a price drop before e3 next year. Also.. the Sony CC is the way I went and totally worth it. You'll get the money off and keep the card and build up bonus points by going to the reward website everyday. Turn in the bonus points for PS3 games (1st party)

There probably won't be a PS3 price drop until next year at the earliest as even with 360's outselling PS3's 2 to 1 right now (rumored) Sony will not have a PS3 cheaper than their base standard Blu-Ray player.

bread's done
Back