Any tips for a new guy?

Graham

CAG Veteran
Hi guys, I've just bought myself a xbox as it didn't look like anyone was gonna get me one for xmas. Anywho i just thought i'd sign up and see if anyone has any tips/advice for a newbie :)
Looking forward to playing online with a few of you once i get the hang of it.
Bought myself Project Gotham Racing 2 to start with as i wanted to practise the Nurburgring while its closed for the winter. Strangely there wasn't a 2 month xbox live trial with PGR2 so i guess i will have to wait until the stores reopen on Monday unless anyone has a spare they dont need :wink:

Merry xmas
Graham

Your really going to want to get the Xbox Live Headset. Being able to communicate is soo much more fun. Without it you kinda feel left out.

Thanks guys.
I will be online as soon as it updates itself.
Now where can i get a headset at 18:00 on xmas eve :)

Graham

[quote name='tyecko']watch your cornhole man.[/quote]

:?:

but yea i have pgr2 also...havent gotten to playing it yet, what w/ halo 2, gr2, riddick, etc.

shrike4242 helped me get PGR2 and I have yet to play it either. Congrats on getting yourself an Xbox, and I hope you enjoy it!

Any tips for a new guy? Just one... RUN, GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN LEST YOU TURN OUT LIKE THIS GUY.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4119613.stm

ideo game 'record score' claim
A man who has spent at least two hours practising on a vintage video game for the past 25 years has secured what he says is the highest ever score.

Gary Whelan, of Duckinfield, Greater Manchester, has been playing the space invaders game, Galaxian, since 1980.

He said he had set a world record of 399,290 points, beating the previous record held by a Californian.

Mr Whelan said he would not stop playing until he had reached at least a million points.

He has always been really interested in video games...
Trish Whelan, Gary's wife
He said: "You've got to put some effort into it and some time into it.

"My marriage is probably the same.

"The worst it's been is if my wife shouts me for my tea. I say 'I'll be down in a minute', but obviously, if I'm on a good run, I'll keep on going till my tea's cold."

His understanding wife of 24 years, Trish, said she had not considered divorcing him.

"It's not like I didn't know what I was getting into," she said.

"He has always been really interested in video games.

"At least I know where he is and what he's up to. It's our silver wedding next years so I'll wait till then and then we'll see."

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/england/manchester/4119613.stm

Published: 2004/12/22 20:45:07 GMT

[quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='tyecko']watch your cornhole man.[/quote]

:?:

but yea i have pgr2 also...havent gotten to playing it yet, what w/ halo 2, gr2, riddick, etc.[/quote]

It's a line from Office Space.

I am so bad at PGR2 :lol:
I will be back after some practise :!:
Is there a way to unlock the tracks or do i really have to work my way through the Kudos World Series?

Graham

[quote name='punqsux']congrats on the box, i dont have one so i cant give you tips on it, but just have fun with it ^^[/quote]

Then why the hell are you posting in the Xbox forum?

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='punqsux']congrats on the box, i dont have one so i cant give you tips on it, but just have fun with it ^^[/quote]

Then why the hell are you posting in the Xbox forum?[/quote]

maybe its b/c he wanted to congrat the op on getting one!? hmm that seems most logical. well that and telling him to enjoy it

Xbox Tips, hmm. Well I just recently got a box, so make sure you pick up those good cheap titles. KOTOR is a must, a long with Halo (If you haven't stomped it into the ground).

After that, and seeing you're a racing fan, I'd suggest you'd spend some money on Burnout 3, get that deal that has it at 30 bucks as opposed to B&M's 50.

Great Purchase and Have fun!

[quote name='Graham']Hi guys, I've just bought myself a xbox as it didn't look like anyone was gonna get me one for xmas. Anywho i just thought i'd sign up and see if anyone has any tips/advice for a newbie :)
Looking forward to playing online with a few of you once i get the hang of it.
Bought myself Project Gotham Racing 2 to start with as i wanted to practise the Nurburgring while its closed for the winter. Strangely there wasn't a 2 month xbox live trial with PGR2 so i guess i will have to wait until the stores reopen on Monday unless anyone has a spare they dont need :wink:

Merry xmas
Graham[/quote]

The Chronicles of Riddick is a really great title for XBOX. Its beautiful. Cheap too. That one and Breakdown are to bargain titles that are really worth it.

You'll love the XBOX. I got mine in October (same time I started using this site). Both will bring you a lot of joy.

Obviously you need to be playing Halo 2 online. That goes without saying.

Enjoy your new job. Its hard to stop playing it once you get it.

later

What have i done!!!!
I have been awake nearly all night on PGR2 :lol:
I am slowing getting the hang of it now but how come you guys have all got Porsche GT1's?

Graham

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Xbox Tips, hmm. Well I just recently got a box, so make sure you pick up those good cheap titles. KOTOR is a must, a long with Halo (If you haven't stomped it into the ground).

After that, and seeing you're a racing fan, I'd suggest you'd spend some money on Burnout 3, get that deal that has it at 30 bucks as opposed to B&M's 50.

Great Purchase and Have fun![/quote]

Agreed. For a great single-player experience KOTOR is the best the xbox has to offer.

bread's done
Back