Any Unique System Link Games (xbox)?

airdino23

CAGiversary!
I was going to use the upcoming B2G1 GS/EB deal (thx allout) to get extra copies of the same game for system linking.

I'm a big fan of linking co-op games.

Has anyone tried any of the not so popular games?
Doom 3 and Splinters were great, but I'd like to maybe find some gems maybe we didn't hear about...

Serious Sam was fun as was Brute Force.

Also, looking for great 16-player System Link games, H2 and Timesplitters have been great.

OutRun2 was intense with 4 buddies drifting into the same corner at the same time.

Does anyone know if all 16 people in the same room can be on one side in Star Wars BattleFront? The space battles would be intense.

I have found sites with lists of System Link games but rarely is there any actual user experience described.

What have you tried?

Thanks

IIRC, the first Star Wars Battlefront is only 1 player per box over System Link. The Battlefront II is 2 players per box.

The only games that pop into my head right now are Crimson Skies (2 per box), Deathrow (1 per box), Ghost Recon 2 / Summit Strike (4 per box), Project Gotham Racing 2 (2 per box), Midtown Madness (1 per box) and Mechassault (2 per box).

I'm not definite on any of the numbers, so check a few reviews before you buy them.

Also, this thread over at Xbox-Scene seems to have some good info.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/index.php/t276167.html

Ghost Recon 2 (& summit strike) is the king of all co-op games. And the best non-halo shooter on xbox (that i've played). Buy buy buy.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']That is a great idea. Does anyone know if you can system link an Xbox and an Xbox 360 to play say Doom 3?[/QUOTE]

Yes if DOOM3 is BC on the 360.

I'm a huge fan of system-link games. Thats why I have 10 xboxes and 10 Steel Battalion Line of Contacts/Controllers. Now I just need more room to set them ALL up! ;)

[quote name='azeledge']Yes if DOOM3 is BC on the 360.

I'm a huge fan of system-link games. Thats why I have 10 xboxes and 10 Steel Battalion Line of Contacts/Controllers. Now I just need more room to set them ALL up! ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, yes it is BC. But is it confirmed that you can system link an Xbox with an Xbox 360 even though there will be differences like upscaling, etc...

[quote name='azeledge']Yes if DOOM3 is BC on the 360.

I'm a huge fan of system-link games. Thats why I have 10 xboxes and 10 Steel Battalion Line of Contacts/Controllers. Now I just need more room to set them ALL up! ;)[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein is great on LAN and online (if there's still people playing, it's been awhile for me)

I couldn't get my 360 to system link with some games that were BC.
I think Doom 3 was one of them.

It works great for Halo 2. We often switch the 360 back to standard def. mode when system linking.

I just picked up Ghost Recon (4 copies), I was also going to pick up 4 Forzas tonight. Racing is great with 12 friends.

Anyone ever try 3 player co-op with Rainbow Six and Serious Sam II?

I was considering picking up a few Castle Wolfenstiens, I just couldn't remember if it controlled well. My friends aren't too good when the control is more loose than Halo.

bread's done
Back