any word on halo 2 anniversary for the 360

S

starmask2k3

Bought halo combat evolved anniversary and was thinking if they making a halo 2 remake too

[quote name='starmask2k3']Bought halo combat evolved anniversary and was thinking if they making a halo 2 remake too[/QUOTE]

Nothing announced yet. It wouldnt surprise me. Just keep in mind that halo cea came out to celebrate the 10th anniversary of halo CE so probably the halo 2 hd will come out with the aniversary of halo 2. Also, if halo 4 is coming out next year then a halo 2 hd would keep in line with the "halo every year" thing ms is pulling.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Halo 2 remake? Yes please. So many good memories with that game.[/QUOTE]

It would be awesome if they did announce a remake for it. Good memories as well. .
Maybe in a couple of years.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Nothing announced yet. It wouldnt surprise me. Just keep in mind that halo cea came out to celebrate the 10th anniversary of halo CE so probably the halo 2 hd will come out with the aniversary of halo 2. Also, if halo 4 is coming out next year then a halo 2 hd would keep in line with the "halo every year" thing ms is pulling.[/QUOTE]

Yep. It's good to keep in their back pocket to keep this yearly Halo train rollin.

Obviously, it doesn't effect me for this to be released, so I wouldn't be upset by it, but I have no need for it to be rereleased. FPS campaigns are not something I typically need to revisit and I could hop into any recent Halo game for MP. I am not a hardcore MP gamer though, so it could be that reason I missing the desire to see this happen.

It would be silly for them not to re-release it assuming the Halo: Anniversary edition is selling well.

I'd probably buy it as I never did get around to finishing the campaign. I got it cheap late last generation, got stuck at the part with all the flood on the moving elevator/platform and never got around to finishing it before moving on to next gen games.

there's no word on it, but it's definitely gonna happen, wouldn't surprise me if it were released Nov. 2014 or something... (how long was the combat evolved remake in the works?)

what I really want to see is a Halo Wars sequel... :(

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']
what I really want to see is a Halo Wars sequel... :([/QUOTE]

Good god man, don't say such things. Someone at MS might think you were serious. ;)

Here's the sad thing: A Halo 2 remake would probably sell better than Halo 4 if the online was kept the same.

I've had Halo 2 for PC for years, right around the time Vista came out. I've assumed that the PC version is a complete ghost town by now, is it not? Maybe I'll pop it back in for old times sake.

I've had Halo 2 for PC for years, right around the time Vista came out. I bought at big lots and I don't have a PC so I couldn't play it

I truly hope they remake Halo 2. I had excellent memories play that wonderful game. I don't think it would be the same without the button combos and laughable glitches/exploits that came with it. (BxRing and Superbouncing, respectively)

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I've had Halo 2 for PC for years, right around the time Vista came out. I've assumed that the PC version is a complete ghost town by now, is it not? Maybe I'll pop it back in for old times sake.[/QUOTE]

PC game isn't like Xbox live, you will still find people playing older games.

The last time I fired the game up was probably about a year and a half ago, and there were only a couple servers. Wonder if it got repopulated over time.

bread's done
Back