Any Zelda/Okami Like or Castlevania/metroid like games that you'd recommend

Jasonofindy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Are there any Zelda/Okami like action/adventure games for the PSP that any of you would recommend?

Also, are there any other games similar to Castlevania/Metroid style games besides the unlockable Symphony of the Night on Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles? (any from the same genre)

Finally, does anyone have any non-SRPG RPG recommendations?

Thanks.

To give you an idea of what I have and like this is what I've picked up so far for my PSP:

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles- Loving it
Daxter-
Dead Head Fred-
Final Fantasy Tactics-
God of War-Chains of Olympus
Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2- So far this is been my go to game
Jeanne D'arc
Patapon- not really liking it so far
Rachet & Clank: Size Matters

I also have

Monster Hunter Freedom 2
Marvel Trading Card Game &
Metal Gear Acid

coming in the mail. Also, I will be buying Final Fantasy-Crisis Core, but I'm waiting until I can find it really cheap somewhere. I'm loving that I've been able to find every game so far for $13 or less on the new/used market with the exception of Monster Hunter Freedom 2 which I splurged $20 on and God of War/Rachet & Clank that I got as part of my Amazon deal for the PSP.

Well, I can't think of anything that fits the Zelda/Okami style to a tee, but I do know of an action-RPG and a open-world wild west game.

Kingdom of Paradise: Action-RPG, customizable moveset system. It received mostly average reviews (7-8s), but it's only $9.99 used at GameStop.

GUN Showdown: Open-world game set in the Wild West. It's a port of the PS2 game that's been both enhanced (More missions, ad-hoc multiplayer), and stripped down (You get your own horse that you can call anytime, you can't steal other horses). $19.99 used at GameStop, about the same price new (w/ shipping) at Hubbagames, a part of the Amazon marketplace.

Sid Meier's Pirates!: Not really even close to Zelda's style, but it's a fun port of the open-world game that was on the PC. $17.99 used at GameStop.

Gurumin!!

gurumin.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Depascal, after doing some research I've noticed that Exit has 110 levels available as free downloadable content. However, this is an Ubisoft game from 3 years ago. Do you have any idea whether Ubi still has the servers with the DLC up and running for the PSP version?

I'm trying to decide between the PSP and 360 Live arcade versions of the game and was able to check and the free levels are still available on Live.

Thanks

[quote name='depascal22']I haven't downloaded the free levels recently since I played the game a couple years ago. Any info on the website?[/quote]

I feel really stupid as I didn't even think to look there. I thought the game connected to a server for the download. It is there. That evens it up and makes it an even harder decision between Live and the PSP version.

bread's done
Back