Anybody else thrilled to see prices on Ammusment parks down?

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (100%)
It really really sucks that gas prices are up so much but it kicks ass that this is atleast causing prices at Ammusment parks to be driven way the hell down. I normally might have gone to Cedar Point twice this year but with the season passes being only $100 and them offering lowered prices if you bring gas vounchers....I bet I go atleast 6 times!

[quote name='dracula']the best deal for amusement parks is to get the season pass, then go as often as you want. incredible deal imo[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah, $100 is not only reasonable but a damn ****ing good deal. Its nice that while all over the place companies are raising prices and then raising them again the ammusment park industry has recognized the need for LOWER pricing.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']But they raised prices elsewhere to make up for it.

$15 to park? Yeah fucking right.[/QUOTE]

Wow that really fucking blows. I didnt hear about that. Man between the two hour drive to Cedar point and the $15 in parking it will still cost me like $50. I bet food and drink prices are up too.

most people only go once per year. also they probally jacked up their food. games and other junk.

i havent been to ceder point since 1993 : (

Did the Point ever get the "Top Thrill Dragster" to run for a full day without breaking down? I went the year it opened, and it was shut down for most of the day. When we finally got to go on it, I almost pissed myself.

[quote name='shieryda']Did the Point ever get the "Top Thrill Dragster" to run for a full day without breaking down? I went the year it opened, and it was shut down for most of the day. When we finally got to go on it, I almost pissed myself.[/QUOTE]

Hehe I was there last year, I got sooo lucky because it was a semi rainy day no one was there. Me and another guy I was with rushed to get on it since it was only like a 35 minute wait to get on. We waited for about 20 mins....then they closed it because it wasnt working properly.

So....ya the damn thing is still having problems.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Hehe I was there last year, I got sooo lucky because it was a semi rainy day no one was there. Me and another guy I was with rushed to get on it since it was only like a 35 minute wait to get on. We waited for about 20 mins....then they closed it because it wasnt working properly.

So....ya the damn thing is still having problems.[/QUOTE]

On a related note, is anyone else completely petrified to be the first person on a ride after they just finished testing it/open it after rain? I know I am and I would seriously go all the way to the back of a line rather than be the first to ride something after opening.

They just added a new coaster to Six Flags Over Atlanta that I'm interested in checking out. Supposed to be one of the highest one in the nation or something. I haven't visited in about 3 years. As soon as the park opens daily (only open weekends until after Memorial Day) I'm gonna grab a season pass for this year. I'm a roller coaster junkie!

But the real question is: Which roller coaster position do you prefer? The front car, the last car, or somewhere in the center?

Myself, I love the back on old-style coasters. And I usually prefer the old-style coasters over the newer ones.

Holy shit!

I just checked the price of a season ticket for the theme park in MN and its only $79.95! Despite the fact I live almost 2 hours away from it, I'm almost tempted to buy one.

We have the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk here.. it's close enough that I could walk (about 20 min walk). Parking is INSANELY expensive there.

The cool thing about the Boardwalk is that the admission is free and we have an really really good arcade there (there are three arcades, but one of them has about 300+ games). They do this promotion twice a year where you get two for one tokens. If you bring in a twenty spot you walk out with a pirates trove of the gold coin. Also, and this is rrrrrare for California - you can bring your OWN ALCOHOL in there?!?! I'm just waiting for the fun-police to break that one up.

The other thing I like about the Boardwalk is that it's right on the water.. pretty sweet place to take a date or even go with a group of friends.

It was featured pretty prominently (and an accurate portrayal in a lot of ways) in the movie The Lost Boys.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Holy shit!

I just checked the price of a season ticket for the theme park in MN and its only $79.95! Despite the fact I live almost 2 hours away from it, I'm almost tempted to buy one.[/QUOTE]

Ya my fiancee used to live like 40 mins away from Cedar Point, owned for her every single year. It still is nice, even though we live 2 and a half hours or so away from Cedar Point her parents and Aunt only live 40 mins away, so we can go and visit them then head to CP then stop back and spend the night for free ;)

And Lion heart I am with you, I would rather let alot of people ride something then be on it. Even if it isnt the opening day of a new ride I want to see someone ride it first hehe. I get scared easily enough as it is of bigger rides. I just about passed out last year waiting to get on the Cork Screw.....it scares the shit out of me watching the damn thing sway in the wind.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Ya my fiancee used to live like 40 mins away from Cedar Point, owned for her every single year. It still is nice, even though we live 2 and a half hours or so away from Cedar Point her parents and Aunt only live 40 mins away, so we can go and visit them then head to CP then stop back and spend the night for free ;)

And Lion heart I am with you, I would rather let alot of people ride something then be on it. Even if it isnt the opening day of a new ride I want to see someone ride it first hehe. I get scared easily enough as it is of bigger rides. I just about passed out last year waiting to get on the Cork Screw.....it scares the shit out of me watching the damn thing sway in the wind.[/QUOTE]

Cedar Point? Never heard of it.

I was talking about Valleyfair.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Cedar Point? Never heard of it.

I was talking about Valleyfair.[/QUOTE]

Well I knew you couldnt be talking about Cedar Point since you dont live that close to it....but I figured you atleast heard of it seeing as it is like the biggest or second biggest ammusment park in the states.

[quote name='JackSuper']HALLOWEEKEND. HALLOWEEKEND. Go then, CAG. Nobody is there. It's insane. Maybe we can organize a CAG meet-up for this year.[/QUOTE]

Really? I have thought about going on Halloweekend before but I figured the place would be packed, and worse yet packed with kids. Besides decorating the park do they do anything special like give out candy or atleast lower candy prices?

[quote name='MSI Magus']Really? I have thought about going on Halloweekend before but I figured the place would be packed, and worse yet packed with kids. Besides decorating the park do they do anything special like give out candy or atleast lower candy prices?[/QUOTE]

I'm not exactly sure, but I don't remember any free candy. Last time I went was two years ago and it was drizzly and chilly, which helped reduce the crowds.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Well I knew you couldnt be talking about Cedar Point since you dont live that close to it....but I figured you atleast heard of it seeing as it is like the biggest or second biggest ammusment park in the states.[/QUOTE]

It is the biggest currently. Some other park is building a ride this season that will make them tied in terms of number of rides, but I imagine that Cedar Point will have some sort of new ride to put them back on top next season.

[quote name='Tromack']It is the biggest currently. Some other park is building a ride this season that will make them tied in terms of number of rides, but I imagine that Cedar Point will have some sort of new ride to put them back on top next season.[/QUOTE]

Cedar Point is introducing 2 new rides this year. Hit their site they have a video of it. The thing is like a giant swing set....looks scary as shit to me.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Cedar Point is introducing 2 new rides this year. Hit their site they have a video of it. The thing is like a giant swing set....looks scary as shit to me.[/quote]
I was a Cedar Point about a week and a half ago, that ride is THE SHIT! I would rank it up there with the Millenium and Dragster. Very short though.

This year was the first time I sat in the front the Millenium and I can tell you that it is many times better then sitting anywhere else.

Also going this early in the year is really nice, the lines are really short. The longest I waited was 30 mintues for the front seat of the Millenium.

[quote name='dtarasev']Also going this early in the year is really nice, the lines are raelly short. The longest I waited was 30 mintues for the front seat of the Millenium.[/quote]
Agreed. I always go mid to late May, before the schools let out for the summer. It can be busy early in the day (students on field trips, typically) but by four o'clock the place is a ghost town.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']We have the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk here.. it's close enough that I could walk (about 20 min walk). Parking is INSANELY expensive there.

The cool thing about the Boardwalk is that the admission is free and we have an really really good arcade there (there are three arcades, but one of them has about 300+ games). They do this promotion twice a year where you get two for one tokens. If you bring in a twenty spot you walk out with a pirates trove of the gold coin. Also, and this is rrrrrare for California - you can bring your OWN ALCOHOL in there?!?! I'm just waiting for the fun-police to break that one up.

The other thing I like about the Boardwalk is that it's right on the water.. pretty sweet place to take a date or even go with a group of friends.

It was featured pretty prominently (and an accurate portrayal in a lot of ways) in the movie The Lost Boys.[/quote]

I work there...

I heard they're going to have a one ticket per ride this year or something.

bread's done
Back