Anybody excited for DJ Hero?

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I am getting more curious about this game especillay what the LE will offer. I really never did get into Guitar Hero or Rock Band but DJ Hero and Rock Band Beatles are peaking my interest. I have noticed some push back from GH and RB players towards DJ Hero ( as if playing plastic instruments is somehow more sophisticated than spinning a plastic turntable) what is that about anyway? Anyhow what are my fellow CAGS thoughts?

I suggest you get some CD/DJ scratch-mixing turntables for an experience and talent you can show off to your friends and ladies.

[quote name='seen']I suggest you get some CD/DJ scratch-mixing turntables for an experience and talent you can show off to your friends and ladies.[/QUOTE]

Yes. And after that you can really impress them by showing them your rankings in your Madden and UFC leagues. Make sure to spray on plenty of Axe body spray before doing so.

Back to video game reality where we play games to have fun, they really need to start announcing more info for the game. I think a lot of people are interested, but not interested enough to drop $120 or $200 without seeing more. There's no valid reason to hate on the game though other than to grab attention. There simply isn't enough information available to judge it.

[quote name='jkanownik']Yes. And after that you can really impress them by showing them your rankings in your Madden and UFC leagues. Make sure to spray on plenty of Axe body spray before doing so.

Back to video game reality where we play games to have fun, they really need to start announcing more info for the game. I think a lot of people are interested, but not interested enough to drop $120 or $200 without seeing more. There's no valid reason to hate on the game though other than to grab attention. There simply isn't enough information available to judge it.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree more information is needed. Like exactly what is in the special edition and what it will look like and it's cost. If you're going to ask folks to spend this much money on a new IP you need to give up the goods earlier rather than later.

Well I like the idea of this being a segue to real musical talents, much like the drums or singing of Rock Band/Guitar Hero. However, plastic guitars don't really go far.

Also interested, I hope I get to demo the game before it comes out. Once I get a hands on I'll know if I want to pick it up.

Otherwise I'll wait a few months for its price to crash a like all the other Hero games eventually do.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Currently on the fence until an in-store demo shows up. Very much interested.[/QUOTE]

Same, I already know it will definitely not represent real DJing but I loved Beatmania until the difficulty shot straight up through the fucking roof between difficulties.

See... people always say, "Why play with plastic guitars and waste hours on a game when you can just learn to play guitar?"

and my thinking is, guitar is really hard to even become decent at.

With this game, I'd just rather buy Serato turntables and learn how to at least mix songs and get good at scratching over time then put the time into this game.

Getting together with a bunch of friends playing Rock Band is one thing, sitting by myself trying to master a plastic table is another.

[quote name='DestroVega']See... people always say, "Why play with plastic guitars and waste hours on a game when you can just learn to play guitar?"

and my thinking is, guitar is really hard to even become decent at.

With this game, I'd just rather buy Serato turntables and learn how to at least mix songs and get good at scratching over time then put the time into this game.

Getting together with a bunch of friends playing Rock Band is one thing, sitting by myself trying to master a plastic table is another.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is I already have Serato and pair of decks and I still want this game. My buddy who also djs also wants it. I'm waiting for Midnight Club Los Angeles to get cheap just so I can drive a car I own IRL and drive it around a virtual los angeles (I live in Los Angeles).

Just because you can do something in real life doesn't mean you don't want to F around on video games.

A set of decks, Mixer and Serato is going to cost you at least a grand not including the laptop. DJ Hero is much cheaper.

Exactly. Actual DJing is extremely expensive as a hobby and isn't something most people can afford to jump in and out of for the hell of it. This is a much cheaper alternative capable of sturring up a decent amount of actual interest in the craft without ponying up so much dough.

[quote name='KingDox']Funny thing is I already have Serato and pair of decks and I still want this game. My buddy who also djs also wants it. I'm waiting for Midnight Club Los Angeles to get cheap just so I can drive a car I own IRL and drive it around a virtual los angeles (I live in Los Angeles).

Just because you can do something in real life doesn't mean you don't want to F around on video games.

A set of decks, Mixer and Serato is going to cost you at least a grand not including the laptop. DJ Hero is much cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Well if you already DJ, I can understand playing this game more than if you didn't.

I guess it's just my personal opinion, I have DJ'd in the past at bars but I never actually took the time or put the money forward to learn how to really DJ. I would like to though.

bread's done
Back