Anybody familiar with Best Buy's return policy on controllers?

Jimbo1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The sticky on return policies at the top doesn't work anymore.
I bought a 3rd Party PS3 controller from Best Buy a few weeks ago, bad idea. I've been busy and didn't get to test it until today. There is tremendous lag on it and I want to return it. I was wondering if Best Buy will accept the return if the packaging is damaged like this.

photo0215i.jpg

I tried my best to open it without damaging it.

You're probably going to have to go there and be real nice and hope you get a nice manager to take it back for you, since you did open it. Maybe they'll give you store credit or something.

You can get cash back even if it is open you have 30 days as long as the product isnt damaged by physical abuse. I would know I am an employee. and if u wait till after 30 days then you will get store credit.

This is exactly why I refuse to buy 3rd party controllers. They almost NEVER work as good as first party ones. Just pay the extra to get the real thing or buy a used official controller at Gamestop or somewhere. I still say buying 1st party new though makes the most sense as they typically last a lot longer and work better in just about every way possible. Hope you get your refund in full :) You should be able to.

bread's done
Back