Anybody Got Street Fighter 4 Yet ???

Every place I went to today said tomorrow. I went to BB, FS, EB, GS, TrU, and Walmart. FYI Roger Plus and HMV have it listed at MSRP 59.99 rather than the 69.99 that everyone else has.

i got a call from eb to pick it up at 5 today.

but ganna pick it up this sunday...

next time please use the other forum. this is for deals only.

[quote name='thebigboss']it seems its only us in vancouver that have to wait till thursday ;_;[/quote]
I'm in Edmonton and seems like I'm getting the screw job too.

I've been playing it on my PS3... I got a call from EB to pick it up earlier today! Serious lag on the online matches so far though :(

EB games out here in Oxnard, CA got them in. But Game Stop in Ventura, CA (where mine is preordered) said tomorrow by 11:00. That's the last time I use that particular Game Stop for preordering. They rarely get their games on release dates.

wait one sec, wats the price 4 the game? 59.99/79.99 or 69.99/89.99? several stores/sites have games priced different

I'm from Ottawa. I didn't get the call from EB for my fully paid pre-order today. So, I'm hoping tomorrow. I'm very antsy. I haven't bought a new release retail game in over 3 months.

Got it today. I grabbed the last copy at EB in Dundas (360 CE). They had lots of standard editions for both (as do the stores in the Hamilton region).
It was $79.99. They guy also threw in the bandana even though I didn't pre-order.

I picked up my copy around 2 in the day. I had mine preordered but i never got the head band (not that i really care).

Btw to the guy asking about the CE dlc its the Brawler costume pack that is also available in the marketplace and psn store.

glad i preordered 8 (for my friends and the ce was for me!) got 87$ back in credit :)

pretty happy with the CE. nice figure, smaller than i thought it would be, nice little booklet with some moves for characters i wont use (I HATE ABEL :mad: :mad: :mad:) and im planning on watching the blu ray tomorrow!

i finally unlocked akuma, ughhh his finishing moves, i love it

lp lp

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit, I guess I should cancel my Amazon pre-order. (says it'll ship by the 20th, and estimated delivery is the 24th) UGH.

Good plan? Or do you guys think the standard edition will be sold out everywhere I go?

[quote name='zelse']what is the SF4 CE Dlc? for anyone who gets it.[/quote]
  • 17th Feb – Brawler Pack DLC Pack will include alternate costumes for: Zangief, E.Honda, Rufus, El Fuerte, and Abel.

• 24th Feb – Femme Fatale Pack will include alternate costumes for: Chun-Li, Cammy, Sakura, Rose, and C.Viper.

• 3rd March – Shoryuken Pack will include alternate costumes for: Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, and Dan.

• 10th March – Shadaloo Pack will include alternate costumes for: Seth, M.Bison, Sagat, Balrog, and Vega.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']i got a call from eb to pick it up at 5 today.

but ganna pick it up this sunday...

next time please use the other forum. this is for deals only.[/quote]

shouldn't you worry that your preorder will be gone by sunday since eb only holds it for 48 hrs?♦

ok let me get this straight for 10 dollars more? you get the ce that really worth it? you get a fancy bluray thing-a-ma-jig or movie....figure of viper or ryu.... and a small book that gives you hints... someone show me the light? am i missing anything worthwhile or what?

The reason I purchased the CE was because I thought the movie was the real live action movie, not a real big deal when i found out this month it was anime stuff.

what i never understood was, why people buy things from Amazon or dell, specifically new releases. Unless you don't care when you get the game its no brainer, save a few bucks. People always seem to get it a couple days late and when you want the game asap a preorder at EB seems to make sense. Buying other stuff from those sites is a pretty good deal, but new releases...not so much.

Was browsing kijiji and saw some people selling for 55$ for SFIV which isnt bad considering it would be sealed, the game is another 10 after taxes.

Well, the only reason I (and I guess most of us) bought from Dell/Amazon, is because they were selling it for about $54.99 with free shipping, whereas all the brick and mortar stores were selling at $69.99 with pre-orders already sold out. Then suddenly EB changed their price to $59.99.

Regardless, I'm going to try and see if I can pick up the game, and hopefully the SE stick later today and cancel the Amazon order. It's a good backup plan.

[quote name='danthemightyone']
  • 17th Feb – Brawler Pack DLC Pack will include alternate costumes for: Zangief, E.Honda, Rufus, El Fuerte, and Abel.

• 24th Feb – Femme Fatale Pack will include alternate costumes for: Chun-Li, Cammy, Sakura, Rose, and C.Viper.

• 3rd March – Shoryuken Pack will include alternate costumes for: Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, and Dan.

• 10th March – Shadaloo Pack will include alternate costumes for: Seth, M.Bison, Sagat, Balrog, and Vega.

• 17th March – Classic Pack will include alternate costumes for: Guile, Dhalsim, Fei-Long, Blanka, and Gen.
[/quote]
all of them for the Collector's edition?

Got it for $59 at local EB last night. They had walls bursting with them, and said they got them in early and that the official sell day was today.

However, they did not have any of the MadCatz pads for sale last night (which means I have to go back today.)

In short: it rocks. The nostalgia comes flooding back so fast, it's eerie.

[quote name='zelse']all of them for the Collector's edition?[/quote]

No it's just general DLC. I noticed Brawler pack is already on Live Marketplace.

I'm getting the CE for the movie, the DLC is a nice bonus but pretty disappointing that it's just one of the regular packs from the store. If you had planned to wait and purchase the full costume bundle in April (at least that's what they're doing in Japan) then this DLC is almost pointless. I guess you're getting 5 of the costumes in Feb instead of waiting til April...

[quote name='jivedanson']Got it for $59 at local EB last night. They had walls bursting with them, and said they got them in early and that the official sell day was today.

However, they did not have any of the MadCatz pads for sale last night (which means I have to go back today.)

In short: it rocks. The nostalgia comes flooding back so fast, it's eerie.[/quote]

Did you have a pre-order with EB? I'm going to stop by my local EB today and cancel my Amazon pre-order.

[quote name='rkenshin']shouldn't you worry that your preorder will be gone by sunday since eb only holds it for 48 hrs?♦[/quote]

they said they would hold it till sunday for me which is good..

i dunnoo i might pay 10 bux more to get the CE.... hmm.

I got mine on the 17th at EB. Had it pre-ordered and the charged me 69.99. I called and they said with the receipt they will refund the difference. I was hoping to put the difference into a fightpad, but no luck with that so far. Everything is up in the air. Seems like all parties involved really fucked up the release of SF4.

A local GS I went to yesterday only got one of the Mad Catz sticks which someone pre-ordered. They seem to be in huge demand and had to turn away people in droves who saw it available online.

I am pretty mad... Pre-ordered the PS3 CE, and was told that they didn't get enough PS3 CEs in. "In a few days" they lamely tell me. What is the point of pre-ordering when you don't get it on release day? It's unacceptable that their MAIN BUSINESS is selling games, yet I could get it at a Walmart or HMV. After this, I'm done with them. So angry right now.

[quote name='marsteam']I am pretty mad... Pre-ordered the PS3 CE, and was told that they didn't get enough PS3 CEs in. "In a few days" they lamely tell me. What is the point of pre-ordering when you don't get it on release day? It's unacceptable that their MAIN BUSINESS is selling games, yet I could get it at a Walmart or HMV. After this, I'm done with them. So angry right now.[/quote]

Patience is virtue :cool:

I picked up my copy today at EB, and then gave me 10 bucks back on a gift card because the clerk said they're dropping the price for a few days. It was a nice surprise, considering I did the Trade 3 deal.

However, they didn't get in their Mad Catz gamepads, so I'm disappointed and will likely not play until I can get a controller with a decent D-pad and shoulder buttons.

Holy fuck this game is great.

So great that I'm almost willing to put my gamertag here to find likeminded old-school NON-DISCONNECTING folks.

Got mine this afternoon play it for about an hour it's great. Load time are bit on the load side on the PS3. I'll I need to do now is track down a Madcatz stick or pad my Gamestop didn't have any for sale They got one stick and it was a reserve and it sounded like they only got one extra pad for the PS3 which they already sold by the time I got there. :cry: Boy I wish Gamestop would actually stock things but I guess the got burned on the Nuby Street Fighter Controller they had a couple of years back. Speaking of which I have one maybe it well work with the USB controller adpater I have I'm going to try that right now.:bouncy:

Hooked my Nuby Tech Street Fighter Pad to the Pelican PS3 adapter and it works fine, I'll I had to do was reconfigure the L1 and R1 one buttons. The game plays so much better with a six button controller. I still want the Chun-Li pad, but at least I don't feel like I have to get it right away

I was at EB today and the CSR was getting tons of calls about SF4: they only have enough for pre-orders, and the sticks are coming in March. Crazy. I wonder if it'll sell enough this month to topple Wii Fit. :D

I got mine today. For some reason EB charging Xbox 360 version $10 higher than PS3 version.

Xbox360 - $89.99
PS3 - $79.99

I was outraged and told the clerk both games should be the same price.

bread's done
Back