Anybody here like McDonald's?

[quote name='lokizz']replace mcdonalds with white castle or krystals and youre on the money.[/QUOTE]

I agree but there are none of those in the Washington DC area =/

Sucks to be us.

I like pretty much everything on their menu, but what I don't understand, is the kids at school, how they accuse McDonalds of their chicken nuggets being some disease ridden substance. Same with Jack in the Box using Kangaroos. Are these even true?

I'm definitely more partial to Wendy's. I used to eat McDonalds every now and then when I was a kid, and the inconsistency in the 'Chicken' McNuggets really turned me off.

Wendy's is consistently good. Spicy Chicken Filet FTW.

I'd rather spend a few more bucks and get a better meal, but if my friends are like, "Yo, let's get some McD's!" and there isn't anything else open, I'll go. I try to stick with the fish or chicken sandwiches, or the snack wraps, as those don't make me feel like shit after eating.

McDonalds wins because it is the target. It is the target because it is the biggest and most popular fast food chain out there.

So, people don't hate it... most people love it, apparently.

The only thing I love at McDonald's now is Sausage and Egg McMuffins. Damn those are good. The chicken strips aren't too bad and I used to love their pancakes.

I really don't see how anybody could pay money for a piece of fake meat covered in salt that has been sitting under a light for 4 hours.

[quote name='Irukandji']I really don't see how anybody could pay money for a piece of fake meat covered in salt that has been sitting under a light for 4 hours.[/QUOTE]

Because it is still better than what most of the rest of the world has to look forward to. People in North Korea would kill for a Happy Meal or a happy meal.

Culvers or sonic is way better than Mcdonalds. If you can manger to get a fresh buger from burger king than thats the way to go. But nobody has anything on Mcdonalds fries though.

I like McD's chicken nuggets, filet-o-fish, and mcchicken sandwich. But if I have to eat fast food, I go to Chick Fil A or Five Guys.

BTW, am I missing something about Wendy's? The best I can remember from my experiences there is bland fries (I think if you're impartial, you'll admit this) and misshapen burger patties. Sure the chicken sandwich is good, and the Frosty is ok, but nothing else really sticks out to me at that place.

The fruit N yogurt parfait is probably the best cheap easy healthy option they have.

and it's the only thing I can see that contains real food ;)

fries are ok sometimes

McChicken is fine, better than the burgers but the chicken cream they put on is kinda gross.

I only go when I'm desparate and not alot of cash at hand. There are too many other options available that are much much better.

[quote name='xycury']The fruit N yogurt parfait is probably the best cheap easy healthy option they have.

and it's the only thing I can see that contains real food ;)

fries are ok sometimes

McChicken is fine, better than the burgers but the chicken cream they put on is kinda gross.

I only go when I'm desparate and not alot of cash at hand. There are too many other options available that are much much better.[/QUOTE]

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/foods-from-mcdonalds/6283/2

meh, the parfait is okay...its not like it will make you gain weight if you eat it once a week, unlike the ungodly amount of calories in their burgers. It does have a bit of sugar in it. though not even close to amount in a sugary soft drink.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/fast-foods-generic/9372/2 - double quarter-pounded with cheese, add med. fries and your probably at around 1000. Look at that sodium and fat calories, oh my!

[quote name='randomevent']I like McD's chicken nuggets, filet-o-fish, and mcchicken sandwich. But if I have to eat fast food, I go to Chick Fil A or Five Guys.

BTW, am I missing something about Wendy's? The best I can remember from my experiences there is bland fries (I think if you're impartial, you'll admit this) and misshapen burger patties. Sure the chicken sandwich is good, and the Frosty is ok, but nothing else really sticks out to me at that place.[/QUOTE]

wendy's has the best healthy options. i usually get chili & a baked potato, but their salads are pretty good too.

[quote name='steveinneed']http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/foods-from-mcdonalds/6283/2

meh, the parfait is okay...its not like it will make you gain weight if you eat it once a week, unlike the ungodly amount of calories in their burgers. It does have a bit of sugar in it. though not even close to amount in a sugary soft drink.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/fast-foods-generic/9372/2 - double quarter-pounded with cheese, add med. fries and your probably at around 1000. Look at that sodium and fat calories, oh my![/QUOTE]

why do people care about sodium? isn't it fine for you so long as you don't have blood pressure problems?

i eat this several times a week (chipotle):

Untitledpicture-8.png

it may look bad but it's really not.. it's right around 1000g (~2.2lb), i heard on the colbert report (so you know it's true) that the average person eats 3lb a day so really 55% of your calories / fat / carbs in 70% of your daily food mass isn't all that bad, quite balanced actually.. except for sodium and fuck sodium

I'd preferred BK and Wendy's over McDonald's for quite a while until Mickey-D's started to cook most of the menu that mattered to me to order. It was around then that I started to come around to the taste of McDonald's food again. It's hard to beat the value (in terms of protein in a takeout bun per dollar), even if fast food discriminates against the poor (in terms of bad cholesterol, fat, sodium, and all those other things that matter). I do like McDonald's food, however.

[quote name='Koggit']wendy's has the best healthy options. i usually get chili & a baked potato, but their salads are pretty good too.

why do people care about sodium? isn't it fine for you so long as you don't have blood pressure problems?

i eat this several times a week (chipotle):

Untitledpicture-8.png

it may look bad but it's really not.. it's right around 1000g (~2.2lb), i heard on the colbert report (so you know it's true) that the average person eats 3lb a day so really 55% of your calories / fat / carbs in 70% of your daily food mass isn't all that bad, quite balanced actually.. except for sodium and fuck sodium[/QUOTE]

I always wondered how the corn and tomato salsa consists of 880mg of sodium. That is 37% of your daily intake yet there isn't a touch of salt that I can taste.

I always go with the Burrito Bol since it cuts 300 calories and it is easier to eat. And I switch the cheese with guacamole. Brings my meal to around 630 calories. But yeah, Chipotle can be lethal if you put on too many toppings. So easy to hit the 1200 calorie mark for a single burrito. That is more than two Big Macs combined.

[quote name='randomevent']BTW, am I missing something about Wendy's? The best I can remember from my experiences there is bland fries (I think if you're impartial, you'll admit this) and misshapen burger patties. Sure the chicken sandwich is good, and the Frosty is ok, but nothing else really sticks out to me at that place.[/QUOTE]
As I remember, Wendy's chicken nuggets were superior to others', but yeah their fries were weak in comparison to BK. This may have changed, though.

All I gotta say is I love Angry Whoppers.. it's like everything I love in life put together... bacon.. cheese.. beef.. some kind of spicy sauce... jalapenos.. lettuce.. tomato.. mayo.... mmm I wish I could leave work and get one.

I pretty much don't eat fast food, but if I did, it wouldn't be McDonald's, that's for sure. I haven't eaten there in years and I have no intention of starting anytime.

[quote name='Kendro']I always wondered how the corn and tomato salsa consists of 880mg of sodium. That is 37% of your daily intake yet there isn't a touch of salt that I can taste.

I always go with the Burrito Bol since it cuts 300 calories and it is easier to eat. And I switch the cheese with guacamole. Brings my meal to around 630 calories. But yeah, Chipotle can be lethal if you put on too many toppings. So easy to hit the 1200 calorie mark for a single burrito. That is more than two Big Macs combined.[/QUOTE]

1200 cal isn't lethal when the burrito is 2.2lb. it can certainly be argued that 2.2lb is an unhealthy, oversized portion for a single meal, and i'd be inclined to agree, but for how much food it is it's actually pretty good for you. ~1cal/g, relatively low fat, reasonable carbs, high protein, high fiber... it's infinitely better than a mcdonald's burger at ~3cal/g mostly from fat.

i typically eat fruit & yogurt around 10:30am then chipotle around 4pm, and occasionally a small snack in the evening, that's about it. i probably get about 1600 cal a day but that seems to be about right for my metabolism, which is a bit on the slow side.

[quote name='Koggit']wendy's has the best healthy options. i usually get chili & a baked potato, but their salads are pretty good too.

[/QUOTE]

Certain groups of people care about sodium because, like you said, it increases your blood pressure. Usually people over age 50 worry about their sodium intake.

The meal you listed is high in calories, but I don't know what else you do throughout the day ,so it may not make any difference considering your lifestyle. But for a person who isn't very active that is a lot of calories, assuming they eat 3 meals a day. For the average person that one meal is half the calories that should be consumed daily.

[quote name='TruthinessFC']As I remember, Wendy's chicken nuggets were superior to others', but yeah their fries were weak in comparison to BK. This may have changed, though.[/QUOTE]

Chicken nuggets...psshh, nuggets sound gross! Get chicken strips from Arbys!

I used to eat Mcdonalds and other fast food but I had to stop. I used to eat it all the time until last year. Every time I ate it I would feel like shit. It makes you feel tired, slow, etc. I cut all that crap out of my system and I feel great now. That shit is poison.

[quote name='TruthinessFC']As I remember, Wendy's chicken nuggets were superior to others', but yeah their fries were weak in comparison to BK. This may have changed, though.[/QUOTE]

A while back I noticed that the wedge-like fries at Wendy's had changed into slimmer sticks more akin to the tastier product at McDonald's, reminding me of the changes undertaken to improve the fries at Burger King over the years. As for chicken nuggets, I recently had Wendy's dollar nuggets a day after the pricier white-meat ones from McDonald's, and I was severely let down by Wendy's old standby, as I used to eat them with honey mustard for lunch nearly every (work)day. Things certainly do change, though fast food is still a relatively unhealthy dietary option for most folks (and I like fast food).

Don't love Mickey D's but wouldn't turn it down either.
BK all the way if I had a choice, but they are pretty expensive.

And anyone who hates chicken nuggets are sad sad people.
I will feel sorry for your kids one day.

[quote name='pacifickarma']I live about 5 minutes from Lodi, CA, which is the birthplace of A&W. The Original A&W restaurant is still there complete with roller skating car hops and frosted mugs of root beer.[/QUOTE]

Oh cool there is a Stewart's Rootbeer stand(basically a west coast inspired chain that originated in Mansfield, OH) close to where I used to live in Ohio.

Fast food is ok sometimes. My thoughts:

Burgers: Angus burgers at Mcd's and Hardees are pretty tasty! Over all though I like Wendy's the best.

Fries: Burger king FTW!

Chicken: Wendy's and Chick Fil although I do like the southern chicken and chicken biscuit at Mcd's. Wendy's nuggets or Chick fil-a strips are best!

I don't really like McDonalds but I am subject to intense McDonalds cravings. I am not a chick, I don't know what causes them.

Truthfully rather spend about 6 dollars on two quality pizza slices from an independent chain than get fast food. Hell even though I don't think Subway is all that healthy as they say, I rather spend 5 dollars and eat that as well. I rarely eat at Wendy's, McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, or Taco Bell. Definitely won't see me harassing people or try turning them off for eating at those given places though like I see some people do.

I love Mickey D's . Double QP is off the hook! Especially when It's all greasy and the grease is all drippin off the burger mmmmm... MMMMM!!! I went to Best Buy the other day after a Double QP and ripped a mean nasty McFart down the Anime Isle. The fart lasted about 12 steps. One of those mean, wet machine gun farts. PEO!!!!!

Anyone else irk'ed that the whole Super Size Me movie made McDonald's discontinue the supersize option? McDonald's does have the best value menu next to Wendy's (in the realm of fastfood burger chains).

I forgot to mention it before, but why do people even bother discussing health options when it comes to fast food? 99.9% of the fast food you'll eat is unhealthy, be it from a nutrient standpoint or a preservative one. When I eat fast food, I make a conscious decision that I know I'm not going to eat a healthy meal, so I limit the times I eat fast food to two or three times a month, if at all.

I know eating healthy all the time is an admirable thing to strive for (as a whole, I eat very healthy), but I really don't see the point of finding healthy fast food. It generally doesn't exist, so you might as well enjoy what you like.

I think of this everytime I see someone getting a side salad instead of french fries in order to "be healthy." I say if you want healthy, make your own damn food. This is coming from someone who always used to say "I have no time for that," then deciding to make the time to eat healthy. It's been working great so far.

I eat it every once in a while. By that I mean about once every 4-5 months. Typically breakfast on the rare occasion that I can't eat at home.

I sort of like McDonald's, but it's not a favorite of mine in any fast food category. It's basically a solid work horse of mediocity for the most part. When it comes to chicken, be it sandwiches or nuggets, I prefer Wendy's (though I have noticed prices (you cannot go wrong with those $1 McChickens). For fries, it's obviously Checkers/Rallys, though Burger King for more normal fries. For burgers, I like BK, followed by Checkers, followed by Wendys. I tend to not go to fast food places for breakfast, but if i had to judge it, i'd say McDonald's edges out BK if only for the size of their portions.

I like McDonalds but I'm watching my weight so I don't go. Its really simple as that.

I prefer Wendys and Carl's Jr. (Thats Hardees for you east coast people)...McDonalds is third, Burger King is the worst of the bunch.

I hate it, have had it probably less than 5 times this decade, and all were in instances that it was the only thing available when I needed a quick lunch at a conference etc.

But I don't eat much fast food period, and when I do it's usually something like Arby's, Five Guys or one of the burrito joints (Chipotle, Baja Fresh, California Tortilla).

I have not had fast food in over a year. Once in a while (maybe every 3-5 months) I will get a grilled snack wrap from McDonalds. I am just not a big fan of fast food, there is just a ton of alternatives out there and I do not miss eating it at all. I do stop by a McDonalds sometimes, because I like their coffee.

McDonalds hamburgers are disgusting. I honestly don't know how you guys can stomach them. I'd rather have a Wendy's burger any day over a McD's one, and I don't even care for Wendy's burgers either.

The fries are OK, they're nothing to write home about. The soda is always flat (which is true everywhere in fast food), the milkshakes pale in comparison to Wendys & BK. I don't order the chicken sandwiches so I can't say how they stack up.

The only legitimately good food at McD's IMO are the apple pies.

bread's done
Back