Anybody play old Xbox games on your 360?

brahma_bull_boy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Does anybody play their old Xbox games on their 360? I've owned my 360 since it was released and I don't recall ever playing any of my old Xbox games. I thought I would play games like Halo, KOTOR, or Ninja Gaiden, but never had the motivation too.

I'm not very nostalgic, so unless its truly a classic or like an arcade game, I usually don't look back to the previous generation games.

I used to play Halo and Halo 2 occasionally, but not recently.

I wanna play Marvel vs. Capcom 2, but I have it for Dreamcast lol

Black used to get a fair amount of rotation for me too as did Fable (before Fable II was released)

I've still got a few older titles to go through still, like Jade Empire. Even though I still have my original Xbox hooked up, I prefer to use the 360 since it's hooked up to my monitor via VGA, meaning I can get HD on those older games.

Believe it or not I've never played Halo, got into the Halo games with Halo 2. So I've played but more so Need For Speed Underground 2 which I think is the best game in the series. Other than that I play RalliSport Challenge, SSX3 from time to time. I played Black but never really finished it, have too many games I'm playing atm. Played through Doom 3 on my 360, got the CE pretty cheap online, which comes with Doom 2, chaching.

I did but just could not take how bad some of the emulation was. The same goes for my PS3 with PS2 and PSX games. I did play some PS2 games on it when I first got my PS3 but now I don't. Funny thing is when I got my PS2 I played my PSX games on it a lot.

I never had an Xbox, so I've played through a number of games that didn't come out on PS2: Fable, Halo, Sid Meiers' Pirates!. Also played around a bit with Incredible Hulk and GTA Vice City which had improved graphics on the Xbox.

On the PS3 I'm playing though Shadow of the Colossus at the moment. It definitely looks better on the PS3 than it did on the PS2.

So I may be in the minority, but I'm definitely a fan of backward compatibility!

Not really.

Furthermore, it's amusing how the talk of backwards compatibility has all but died out. It was such a "big deal" a few months/years ago, and the last update hasn't been for months.

I would use the feature more if it supported more damn games.. i have over 100 og xbox games and only a few are bc :(

I keep certain bc games like shenmue and 2k5 by my 360 games though

I still have the O.G. Xbox hooked up and play that once in a while. I would use the 360 but compatiblity glitches annoy me more than it probably annoys most people.

...why is the Blu-Ray icon used for this thread?

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']I've popped in Megaman Collection recently.[/quote]

that's the only xbox game i play on the 360

counterstrike still works, and there are people who play it still. i just cant figure out most of the controls, especially to crouch

I just recently became the proud owner of a Xbox 360, an to be frank I don't really care much about the backwards compatibility for it. None of the original Xbox games seem like a "must-play" type of game at least IMO. Being a late adopter, I can get many 360 games cheap and, most important of all, I'd rather spend my time with games that give me achievements :p.

I still believe that backwards compatibility is really only useful for early adopters to keep them going until good games come up or become cheaper. If you really, really want to play a classic, just wait and the console and the game will cost very little, especially if you don't care about having boxed or mint condition stuff.

[quote name='Gentlegamer']Star Wars Battlefront II
[/QUOTE]

I played this splitscreen with my 5 yr old all the time. Battlefront I also....

I play Jade Empire, Phantom Dust, KOF 02, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection and a few others.

I really wish Capcom vs. SNK 2 was BC.

I rarely go back to previous gens unless its like the NES/SNES/Sega consoles coop. Tried Halo 2 once on my 360 though...there were many compatibility issues with the picture though...so it took away some enjoyment.

In the last month I've played:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Burnout 3: Takedown (still the best Burnout game)
Incredible Hulk, The: Ultimate Destruction
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Indigo Prophecy
Psychonauts
Punisher, The
Sonic Mega Collection Plus
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (still the best Splinter Cell game)
Tom Clancys Splinter Cell: Double Agent (the Xbox one is better than the 360 one, but I play that too)

So that would be a yes. I definitely play my Xbox 360 games more, but I play a lot of games for quite a few systems.

I still had an original Xbox up to about a month ago, but I sold it with all my non backwards compatible games (about 15 games). The upscaling on 360 definitely makes games look better than they did on Xbox, much more so than PS3 does with PS2 games.

The BC feature is one of my favorite things about the 360. I didn't have many Xbox games last generation, but recently I've been picking up a lot of cheap BC games and playing through them on the 360.

Right now I've spread myself really thin between Unreal Championship 2, Battlefront 2, Conker's BFD, Black, Simpsons Hit and Run, and Call of Duty 2: Big Red One. This is on top of Fallout 3 and GTA4.

I just played through Stranger's Wrath (yeah, I know, it's not BC) but I did play Conker: Live and Reloaded recently.

I would play some old xbox games but my BC doesn't work on my xbox 360. I tried everything with doing the update and even burning the update to a disc. I cleared cache and tried my regular HDD and even a new one. It gives me an error on BC games like it is corrupt and re-download it. So I can't.....

I got Riddick: Butcher Bay off eBay, but like every other old game it looks like ass when upscaled to 1080p. I'm going to have to hook up to my old SDTV or something. I wish the HDTV had more modes, like pixel mapping with a 2x multiplier or something clean like that, so minimize the quality loss when upscaled.

Why, the new Riddick game, which has the same game you have but enhanced already and a new action campaign, is coming out really soon. Was always bummed that Riddick wasn't BC but with the 360 game on the horizon chances are we're going to be walking through the shadows once more.

I rarely use my 360's BC, partly because of the lack of supported games, but mostly because I can't transfer saves. Of the games that are BC, I don't play them on the 360 because I don't want to start over. And since my original Xbox isn't hooked up, I don't play them at all!

Sony got that right with the PS3 - sell a stupidly expensive adapter to fund your BC exploits. Microsoft could have made even more money, since no one actually owns an Xbox memory card.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I got Riddick: Butcher Bay off eBay, but like every other old game it looks like ass when upscaled to 1080p. I'm going to have to hook up to my old SDTV or something. I wish the HDTV had more modes, like pixel mapping with a 2x multiplier or something clean like that, so minimize the quality loss when upscaled.[/quote]

Wait - You're saying you play it on the 360? It isn't BC.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I'll break out Red Dead Revolver (one of the greatest games ever) every now and a then.. also GTA San Adreas[/quote]

Same for me. Red Dead Revolver rocks and I'm pretty stoked about the sequel.

There's several games I have that I wish were BC... never got around to completing them 'cause my original XBox decided to stop working.

I tried playing KOTOR on my 360 but the graphics hiccups drove me insane. I'd rather play my old Xbox games on it's original system.

I just got the original Star Wars Battlefront so I've been playing that a lot, including on XBL. Amazing that there are still at least a handful of players online after all these years.

Trudged through Halo, then I started Halo 2, but I stopped because I hated it.

Also played a lot of Jet Set Radio Future, all of Call of Cthulhu, and I've had Fable for a while but have yet to play it.

The few games tat I ever felt compelled to replay on my 360, dident work on it. Morrowind is the most prevalant of these, mainly becaus eI put it in my 360 and it downloaded a game up date for it(just like it dose when ever you put a BC xbox game in your 360 for the first time), and then the "This game is not BC" message was displayed

I've got a pretty decent collection of backwards compatible games (probably 30+ like KOTOR I&II, Halo, GTA, Splinter Cell, etc.), most of which I bought used for "cheap" (i.e. under $10) at the time. I don't play them at all on the Xbox 360. Occassionally I'll bust out a game of NHL Hitz on the old Xbox though.

I still can't convince myself to part with them because I keep thinking I'm going to get around to playing them, and I'm not willing to sell them for $3 a piece (or whatever the going rate). As long as I don't need the space, its no biggie, but at some point I'll need to dump them with the Xbox and get what I can for them.

bread's done
Back