anybody play Unreal 3 PC anymore?

mercilessming

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
anybody play Unreal 3 anymore, I went for PC version from eb for 13$ considering it didn't sell great on any platform...kinda assumed being the kind of game it is the PC version most likely would have more servers.....

I stopped playing when I realized most of the servers were empty, and the ones that weren't were mostly filled with bots...

I think the system requirements were too high for most of the hardcore UT players.

The game got crappy quick.

i went online once or twice...and there is hardly anyone playing in any of the servers and the people that are playing are amazing lol

There's a couple hundred people on depending on the time of day. The game is able to be registered with Steam now, if you have a boxed copy. There's a huge update coming soon that I am hoping will grow the playerbase.

I got it when Steam was selling it for 10 bucks but the game lacks a certain depth, sorry to those who play it. A tad kill-festy for more but fun in small bursts.

Got the collector's edition on ebay for like $10 before the holidays, it's collecting dust, uninstalled.....it wasn't bad, I'll see after the update

I hope the new big expansion will bring life to the game again. It really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Does anyone know if the update is going to be free?

[quote name='KingDox']I hope the new big expansion will bring life to the game again. It really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Does anyone know if the update is going to be free?[/quote]

I believe so seeing how it is a pc game. Mine copy is on its way from the GoGamer sale, when I get here going to register that on Steam.

[quote name='keiblerfan69']I believe so seeing how it is a pc game. Mine copy is on its way from the GoGamer sale, when I get here going to register that on Steam.[/quote]

I totally forgot to order this on the gogamer sale! Oh well, I'll wait for the next one.

[quote name='SuxoR']What is the huge update Sokkratez?[/QUOTE]

Big patch is detailed here: http://www.beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=12466

Worth noting is the new server browser (perhaps players' biggest complaint with the original versions of UT3), Steam intregation (add boxed copy keys to Steam), Steam Achievements, Demo recording/playback, lots of optimizations...

Also some bug that sounds really funny. I wonder if you telefrag yourself? "Fixed trans discs getting stuck on instigator's head."

There's also a full add-on coming, but I don't know what it includes. For all we know now it could be just a re-packaging of the game with this update included.

bread's done
Back